Running lights

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 98 GTS I keep leaving the daylight runnung lights on and almost getting back to a dead battery. The key,light chime works but I don't hear it very well. Do any of you know of a louder buzzer I can install or wire in. I don't see anything in the searches. I would think that I'm not the 1st to have this problem. THX.:2tu:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a direct answer regarding the buzzer, just curious, do you turn on the headlights for daytime running lights?

In the past when I've imported a US vehicle w/o daytime running lights, I've installed a daytime running light module from the local auto parts store (since it's required in Ontario), such as this one found by a quick search, no need to turn the lights on manually.

http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm100035.htm

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't want the expence and time required to instal the module check out the DIY list because I emailed instructions on installing DRL with 1 simple wire on my 01.

I wrote another set of Do It Yourself Instructions for DRL on Viper Alley for my '98 (4" piece of wire).

The law in Canada requires the lights to come on automatically with the key or engine start.

Ted

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you get the factory DRL module? (part # 4672271) and make it work the way it was designed from the factory

The wiring and the plug are already on the car and consequently you just have to plug the module in and mount it ( there are already 2 holes for the screws/bolts from the factory) on the aluminum engine bay brace on the passenger side

luc 00GTS

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Chrysler dealer laughed when I asked the price of that module. the Candian Tire module is only $25, but a lot of wiring is required to instal it. When I wired the CT module into my Dodge Stealth TT it took a few hours - and the wiring in the Stealth is less complicated, I don't recommned it when you can instal 1 wire in 20 minutes that does the job. then it's invisible and can be removed in minutes.

Ted

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really missing something, because the only "DIY" section I can find is the "How To" section. Can someone point me in the right direction for the DIY section.

I need to install DRL on my '01 RT/10 in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

V

Venomiss

I'm really missing something, because the only "DIY" section I can find is the "How To" section. Can someone point me in the right direction for the DIY section.

I need to install DRL on my '01 RT/10 in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

It is the eighth big thread down the page called Illustrated Upgrades.
Hope this helps!