Sad sad day... beloved viper gts gone...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
>>>.......... I can see a steel "roll bar" in the roof section.<<<

There is no roll bar in a GTS roof. Don't ask how I know!

Kinda WRONG.... see below:

in the gts there is but not in the rt...it does not look like a typical after-market roll bar, its made of square tubing with a angled brace in the upper corner that makes a small triangle for extra strength, its behind the plastic panels behind the doors, they seem to do a pretty good job

What Johnny said is 90% correct.....but the exact same tubing is present inside the RT/10 'Sport Bar Assy' as well.

Note: These integral Gen 1-2 rectangular bars bars afford structual stability that CAN and have saved lives, but are NOT a 'roll bar' that would pass tech anywhere.

TRIVIA: Waaay back in 1994, Team Viper sent me a Black RT10 Sport bar Assy, sawn in half. I submitted it to SCCA. It Flunked....but is/was DAMN strong in many rollovers and totals we have seen.

Last edited:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice I'm usually only 10% right and i learned something new today about the rt!!

Kinda WRONG.... see below:

What Johnny said is 90% correct.....but the exact same tubing is present inside the RT/10 'Sport Bar Assy' as well.

Note: These integral Gen 1-2 rectangular bars bars afford structual stability that CAN and have saved lives, but are NOT a 'roll bar' that would pass tech anywhere.

TRIVIA: Waaay back in 1994, Team Viper sent me a Black RT10 Sport bar Assy, sawn in half. I submitted it to SCCA. It Flunked....but is/was DAMN strong in many rollovers and totals we have seen.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>...but are NOT a 'roll bar' that would pass tech anywhere.<<<

That was my point. :2tu:

I've seen the internals of the GTS roof after a crash removing most parts up there :rolleyes: