Safety Recall on 03 & 04 Snakes

Crotalus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just received a safety recall N13/NHTSA 13V-040 Airbag System Occupant Restraint Control Module or more commonly known as ACM. Since a Black Box is controlled by an ACM, Chrysler wants to install a different module in our vehicles because the one we have can be over stressed damaging a computer chip which can cause deployment of the air bags. Could this possibly be a back door way of installing a current Black Box in our Vipers? We are currently devoid of these "boxes" according to www.crashdataservices.net. I would like to hear from anyone else who has real time information on this.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also just received my recall notice for that problem. But the notice states that the replacement part isn't available yet. I hope this isn't a serious problem and I hope the replacement part will be available soon.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't see any reason why Chrysler would want to put a current black box in our cars.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how long does this safety recall take to do garret? will stop by once it gets warmer :)

jman

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I am not the original owner of the car will I be notified?
Does this include all 2003-4 models regardless of who the current owner is?
When the part is available is the onus on the current owner to request this recall?
Thanks in advance for any further info. :dunno:

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer (and the letter from Chrysler) says there will be a second letter. But Jeeps and other cars have the same problem. NO FIX available yet. If you didn't get a letter, contact a dealer. They will get you in the loop.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jman I believe you have a 2006 and are not in the recall

Kblake you are covered even if it is a us vehicle. I just need to see when the parts are coming

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oops thought they used the same sensor for all gen3's heeeeee

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is at the bottom of the advanced notice that we got.

reassure the customer that the failure rate for this issue is less than 0.03% and that there have been no reported crashes, fires, or fatalities related to this issue. Reported injuries associated with this issue have been minor.

Soon as the salt is off the road I am going to drive my 2004.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I am not the original owner of the car will I be notified?
Does this include all 2003-4 models regardless of who the current owner is?
When the part is available is the onus on the current owner to request this recall?
Thanks in advance for any further info. :dunno:

Yes, I am a third owner, and I was notified. However, I have my car dealer serviced, so Corporate knows where I am. If you are not original ownere, and have never had your car dealer serviced, you may not be notified.

OP
OP
C

Crotalus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I posted about the recall I was more concerned about a current type of ABM . I know about the .03% and think those may include Jeeps. In 2010 a regulation when into effect that required the ABM "BOX" to be more user friendly to LEO's and Ins. co's. Thought maybe the reason on the delay was to design one that met current regs instead of retro fitting one from a 05 or 06. My 04 with 21,000 made it to Alaska and back twice without the bags going off so I'm not too concerned about driving. I just wonder what kind of suprise my Uncle Sam might slip in when no one is looking.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is at the bottom of the advanced notice that we got.

reassure the customer that the failure rate for this issue is less than 0.03% and that there have been no reported crashes, fires, or fatalities related to this issue. Reported injuries associated with this issue have been minor.

Soon as the salt is off the road I am going to drive my 2004.

There is no mention of this on my recall notice. What is this "advanced notice" that you ****** to? I have received one notice.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no mention of this on my recall notice. What is this "advanced notice" that you ****** to? I have received one notice.

The advanced notice that went to the dealerships for Chrysler technicians back in January

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, has anyone received the final recall? Not a peep since the initial letter. The broohaha over the Jeep recall reminded me about this. Maybe Chrysler is conveniently forgetting us Viper owners?

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet, haven't received the 2nd notice. I did call a local dealer, who said they do not have the parts yet..... And that I would be notified via mail when they do.

I ******** my catcher's mask when I drove my Viper. (Just kidding, very, very, very low chance of failure).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang