Saw this new '08 at over $15k off MSRP

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to say but, they over produced the Venom Red. There are a lot of them in the dealer showrooms. And now they are offering it again for 09. What are they thinking. There was such a cry for Yellow you would think they would have offered that color instead. IMHO.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this is the opening bid! I did see where they say over 15000 in savings but this is not a "buy it now" price, and there is a reserve but not posted or met as of the first bid! If it sells for this price What a hell of a deal it will be for somebody for sure!

OP
OP
D

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to say but, they over produced the Venom Red. There are a lot of them in the dealer showrooms. And now they are offering it again for 09. What are they thinking. There was such a cry for Yellow you would think they would have offered that color instead. IMHO.

More than just a lot of venom reds sitting out there right now (but agree that Venom red is most prevalent) - same cars seem to be sitting week after week on Woodhouse and Ringgold websites

I really liked SSG but could not justify paying $10k +/- more for just paint that folks either love or hate

OP
OP
D

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this is the opening bid! I did see where they say over 15000 in savings but this is not a "buy it now" price, and there is a reserve but not posted or met as of the first bid! If it sells for this price What a hell of a deal it will be for somebody for sure!

Read down below in ad re: "SALE PRICE":

Sticker Price : $94,575
Factory Invoice: $87,008
SALE PRICE : $79,197 Savings: over $15,000!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are they thinking. There was such a cry for Yellow you would think they would have offered that color instead. IMHO.

I could not agree more, along with silver and Graphite Grey (the entire car, not just the stripes). Graphite with black stripes and all black interior with Graphite or maybe silver stitching would look killer!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could not agree more, along with silver and Graphite Grey (the entire car, not just the stripes). Graphite with black stripes and all black interior with Graphite or maybe silver stitching would look killer!

They are offering graphite for 09.......

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The venom red was a turn off until I saw it in person with stripes,absolutley stunning. I would be all over this if I did'nt purchase my 06 coupe. Like all these new colors,I can't make heads or tails of them until I see it in person.

OP
OP
D

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The venom red was a turn off until I saw it in person with stripes,absolutley stunning. I would be all over this if I did'nt purchase my 06 coupe. Like all these new colors,I can't make heads or tails of them until I see it in person.

I agree about seeing venom red in person w/ stripes, my '08 venom red w/ white stripes actually gets more attention at local cruise-ins than my '02 GTS or my RT/10's - of course, there are a lot of Va Tech fans in the state and my car shares the color scheme - the venom red really looks best in direct sunlight

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They overproduce red Vipers in general. For some damn reason or another people seem to like the color red on their cars. I will never understand why....

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is no reserve on the car! That is a steal and I personally love the color and when you say a lot are venom red that is relative as most people won't ever even see a viper of any color. If I hadn't put a big deposit down on my ACR I would give it up and buy this car, its a steal! It looks like there is an ACR for 90k with no reserve on Ebay right now as well.

Last edited:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY Good deal. This is the second lowest I have seen so far. With the gas prices the way they are and the economy in the toilet, there are only so many consumers that could afford these cars today. With 2009s coming out and most of the previous Viper owners already getting theirs (08s), I think huge discounts off sticker will be able to be had now and in the near future. Heck I never thought I would see a day when I could get a new Corvette, Hummer, Bentley, or Lamborghini for 0% financing!!!!!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bet no one will bid.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I could not agree with you more! What happened was dealers had two choices for colors if they wanted first production cars and they were either Venom Red or Viper Green. Many of the dealers thought that Venom Red was the safe color to go with and no one saw what was really going to happen. I will have to agree with dealers, I would have NEVER thought that Viper Green was going to be as popular as it was. I thought just like them, that it would be too wild for most people. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the color but I did not see many people purchasing it. Boy were we all wrong!!

As for the 2009 issue, I think as well that this is a big mistake because come delivery time of 2009s there is still going to be PLENTY of 2008s available in Venom Red. I would have taken a year off for Venom Red if not more. It is nice to see that Orange will be continued though!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is a low production car in any color...the Venom Red isn't a dog, the car just doesn't sell off the lot like the competition,new or used. If Red was selling best, the SSG would be on the lots. I think one of the big issues is resale. Most car dealers (incl. Dodge) won't even take a used Viper in trade for anything-its strictly a wholesale deal unless you sell it yourself. Those that do are few, and not so reasonable. The dealers want cars that are going to turn around in a month, extremely low mile garage queens. The avg. used Viper ain't that car. I didn't buy an 08 because of the trade-in value of my 00 (with a whopping 15k miles), not the color of the new ones. That value of all used Vipers was hurt by the deep discounts of the Gen III's at the end of the production run.

The 08 just isn't worth putting up huge money to get into, to me, and I suspect most guys who love the Viper they are driving. I could buy three new Gen II motors for the cost of the diff btwn the Gen II and 08. The extra measure of performance is meaningless in most situations, so why bite the bullet?

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that a lot of dealers ordered Venom Red thinking they were getting Viper Red.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960