Scratch remover part #/ where to buy?

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read through a bunch of old posts and it seems that 3M products were recommended the most for removing scratches, does anyone have a part number and know where I can find 3M products?

Thanks,
Sean

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best place to find the 3M products is at an auto paint store. Yahoo Yellow Pages will help you find one of these stores in your area.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have used 3M "Scratch Remover" #03901....IMPOSSIBLE to find around Indy, EXCEPT at a few Advanced Auto Stores...works WELL !!! (P.S....multiple calls (5) to 3M finally netted me ONE person aware of the product!!!)

Other choice is 3m Swirl Remover for Dark Paint...#39009...EASY to find and use...though does NOT do the same job as #03901 in my opinion.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve-Indy:

Other choice is 3m Swirl Remover for Dark Paint...#39009...EASY to find and use...though does NOT do the same job as #03901 in my opinion.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is the #03901 more abrasive than the #39009? I've used the #39009 on my car and it seems to work great with a few applications over the scratched area. Even it is abrasive and I would be worried that using anything harsher might wear away the clear coat with too much application. How ofter do you use the #03901?

Matt

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings Sean- I used both the 3M glaze and the Blue Coral scratch remover that comes in a tube. The Blue Coral stuff can be had at regular auto store. For the 3M, and great advice to go with it, try Bill Flannery Automotive on Bristol Pike (Route 13)In Bensalem. 215-639-9090. They are a auto body supply house.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Meguiar's "Step 2" Polish to remove scratches deep enough to hear a "click" from your fingernail. Rub and rub and out they come. Available anywhere, I think.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sean, just a quick hello from one of the locals. I live in Langhorne, PA. Small world....surprised I haven't run into to you. Hope to meet you soon!

Ed

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean..I have not tried the Meguair's product, but I would bet that it is similar to the Blue Coral mentioend above. And that, I know, works. If you want to stop by a try a bit...feel free.