SCT Programmer

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
has anyone else upload the new tunes? I installed mine yesterday starting with the low octane tune and made sure it ran fine. I then worked my way up to the high octane tune with a tank full of 94 Sunoco. The throttle response is much much quicker and the car pulls alot harder in the midrange, really can notice runnning 2nd and 3rd gears to redline.
I have dyno runs from before but have not dynoed yet after, maybe in the next 2 weeks.
But the car does run much better than it did by my ass-o-meter. I also installed the S&B air filters at the same time

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup - while I dont have the Roe tune, i do have the DC tune which I am sure do the same thing. Mid range power and throttle response is much improved. Well worth the money.

has anyone else upload the new tunes? I installed mine yesterday starting with the low octane tune and made sure it ran fine. I then worked my way up to the high octane tune with a tank full of 94 Sunoco. The throttle response is much much quicker and the car pulls alot harder in the midrange, really can notice runnning 2nd and 3rd gears to redline.
I have dyno runs from before but have not dynoed yet after, maybe in the next 2 weeks.
But the car does run much better than it did by my ass-o-meter. I also installed the S&B air filters at the same time

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what the both of you said. i had started with the mid 93 tune first. then i put in the 94 oct and running 93 gas. no pinging so i kept it in there. runs very strong, alot smoother and at mid range its a monster. tires are actually trying to break loose at 50mph where before it didnt. car also idles alot better. exhaust sounds alot different. i used to get lots of small pops out of my pipes and now i get one really loud one like an after burner sound or a big gun shot sound. i love it! i will dyno next weekend. but well worth the $500 or so dollars

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what the both of you said. i had started with the mid 93 tune first. then i put in the 94 oct and running 93 gas. no pinging so i kept it in there. runs very strong, alot smoother and at mid range its a monster. tires are actually trying to break loose at 50mph where before it didnt. car also idles alot better. exhaust sounds alot different. i used to get lots of small pops out of my pipes and now i get one really loud one like an after burner sound or a big gun shot sound. i love it! i will dyno next weekend. but well worth the $500 or so dollars

I was having problems with the tires wanting to break loose also (i have brand new pirelli's) it was about 65 degrees so not the warmest but even so i really wanted to ring out 2nd and 3rd but was having trouble keeping the thing strait at the top of second.

I would be mad if i could only run the low octane tune......lol If Roe didn't tell me to start with the low and work my way up i would have never bothered to waste the 15 minutes uploading the low/mid tunes.....:D

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed mine Sunday Am. WOW what a difference, I knew it was running lean. Seemed to run out of steam aroun 3500 RPM. Sean asked what I had done to the car and sent me the SCT. Mine is an 06 Coupe with Belangers, no cats, three inch exhaust, K and N air intake assy and Seans' single plate throttle body. WOW does this SCT make the engine come alive now. Wife and I went to a Chevelle meet on Sunday and a 70 Malibu with big block and a rumpty **** cam followed us out onto this closed straight track. I let him leave first from a roll and I was in second gear. Holy Chit--pulled him by 5-6 lenghts in the middle of third gear. Stopped and asked him if it was a 454, he stated it was a 502 crate motor with 4:11 gears. I know his was a little heavier than mine, but with wife some items in the car---about even. What a difference. Going to the Dyno on Thurs and will post results. Engine finally seems alive. Pulls strong all the way to 5500 RPM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang