Seat belt dinger

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have added a 6 pt seat belt harness (Teamtech) and at times would like to disable the seat belt alarm. Would just adding a clip into the existing buckle resolve the issue? If so has anyone tried this.

Bruce

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,

Help a noob, I have a couple of questions.

1) Why did you go 6 point vs. 5 point?
2) I thought you could comfortably sit on the harness and use the OEM belt when not on track?
3) Why TeamTech over other brands like Simpson etc.?
4) How difficult is harness installation?
TYIA

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 6pt came highly reccomended and most of the guys here use the Teamtech which was designed specifically for the Viper. Jon B at partsrack was very helpful inmaking my decision, They are very easy to install once you fine the existing bolt holes behind the seat.

Bruce

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:Dwhy did you buy a red car instead of all the other colors,why a viper,why do you live in texas, why do you have a mg

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help on this one. I guess I've gotten lucky with both cars I have right now. The previous owners have somehow turned off the "dinger" on both of them. The light still comes on, but there's no sound. I guess this means there is some way to turn it off.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the 6 point teamtech as well.....The dinger goes off after 90 seconds anyways....you can use the lap belt with the harness no problem but I just put up with the moise for the 90 seconds and it's over.....

WckdSnke

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Team Tech 6-pt harnesses (from John B) on both seats . On the drivers side I plugged the stock seatbelt harness togther behind the seat as I always use the Team Tech. On the passenger side, I plugged in a dummy clip. No light, no dinger!

GeorgeW SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can program it ..... I did it to my '08 when I installed the 6-points. There is a sequence of latching the belt and turning the ignition key a few times that resets it. The details are in the owners manual. I leave my harness installed all the time because I've lowered the seats and it is a pain to get them out, and just use the normal seat belts for road driving. No dinging at all! I just tuck the front part under the seat when not using. No problem

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can program it ..... I did it to my '08 when I installed the 6-points. There is a sequence of latching the belt and turning the ignition key a few times that resets it. The details are in the owners manual. I leave my harness installed all the time because I've lowered the seats and it is a pain to get them out, and just use the normal seat belts for road driving. No dinging at all! I just tuck the front part under the seat when not using. No problem
This should be what he is looking for and I did the same thing after installing harness on my 09 ACR. Its in the manual and easy to do or un-do.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dinger , heck , I just hope this means you are finally going to take the car on the track. Can't be a poseur with belts, now you have a great reason to go rip up the track in Hastings !!!! Truth be known , I bet that good looking Carmen talked you into them so she can go tear up the tarmac----- we all remember she was pretty darn fast!!

Come on , fess up that those belts will actually have some legitimate usage?! We need more track rats in Nebraska , and the belts will legitimately gain you about 2 seconds at Motorsports Park Hastings.

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut a small section from a plastic fuel can the same shape as the belt clip, i just pop it in and leave it, pefect

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,

Help a noob, I have a couple of questions.

1) Why did you go 6 point vs. 5 point?
2) I thought you could comfortably sit on the harness and use the OEM belt when not on track?
3) Why TeamTech over other brands like Simpson etc.?
4) How difficult is harness installation?
TYIA

I can answer these.
1. Because some racing organizations are forcing it even though a 5-point is just as good. Follow the $$$$.
2. You can.
3. Sponsors. Again, follow the $$$$.
4. It isn't.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why 5-point vs TeamTech 6-point ? I'm thinking that the Teamtech 6-point set-up might be easier to install in the SRT-10 because it uses existing bolt locations, whereas a 5 point would require a new mounting point for the anti-submarine belt? Also, isn't a proper 5-point anti-submarine belt mount location supposed to bring the belt up through the seat in order to limit forward motion? I do not know whether Teamtech's 6-point anti-submarine belts' anchoring method is the same as others' 6-points or different; though.

I am certainly no expert; just putting out some discussion points.

V

Venomiss

If you turn off the dinger you won't be able to tell when the fries are done.
Homer

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper dinger isn't bad, not too loud. But the stupid dinger in my Chevy pickup makes me want to kill. Not to hijack this thread but if anybody knows how to disable the Chevy dinger, short of driving it into a lake, please let me know.