Security?

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Went down to the garage yesterday and my 97' GTS was all locked up with the key and fob in the ignition. "Oh S--t!" I thought. I had been swimming and all my keys and ID were also locked up. Panic time, did a search on this site and all I could find was info on the emergency door release, of course I couldn't get into the hatch without a key. Before calling a locksmith I thought I'd try disconnecting the battery at the Positive post under the hood. It worked! I pulled it just momentarily and the doors unlocked. Seems to me it would be awfully easy for anybody with a wrench to get into a Viper without breaking anything. Think it is time to get another key. Tom

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
""disconnecting the battery at the Positive post under the hood. It worked! I pulled it just momentarily and the doors unlocked."""......tell me this is NOT true guys......PLEASE

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
""disconnecting the battery at the Positive post under the hood. It worked! I pulled it just momentarily and the doors unlocked."""......tell me this is NOT true guys......PLEASE

Well if it is true everyone that visits this site knows how to get in a Viper now! :rolleyes: Will this also reset the fuel shutoff and allow the car to be hot wired and started? BTW, TomH how did you lock your car with the keys and key fob inside anyway? :confused:

OP
OP
T

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can figure out is that I brushed the button for the lock from the inside when I opened it. I didn't set the alarm, just had the doors locked. Maybe it is possible for some kind of stray radio signal to lock them up. Tom