Selling my DLM ACR on EBay, any advice on getting best price?

dgeviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately it has to go for now. But another one coming soon. Any advice on getting best price or negotiating on Ebay? Its item #2425553922.

Dan B.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, it is for sale again. Please send me an email on what you want for the car to [email protected]. I went for a ride in your beast at Doug's. It was awesome. I think you had some more work done to the car while it was there. What else did you do?

Thanks,

Chad

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think Ebay is the way to go, you will never get what it's worth imo :( Good luck with the sale, hopefully it goes to a good home.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are selling this at no reserve on ebay? Looks like a great car. I'd love to own that car but timing is wrong for now. Good luck.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill pay double what gerald will and let you drive it when you come down to florida

OP
OP
D

dgeviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy's, I love my car! I'm heart broken to sell it but I have a home that needs buying. Feel free to call Doug Levin anytime for info on the car. It was his personal show car before all the newest upgrades. 79K buys you the car.

Dan

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, be careful about the no reserve part - if it draws a low price, technically you're obliged to sell it.

I'll PM you - check your email

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I betcha anything he doesn't sell. And I don't think somewhere around sixty for that car is out of range. It is a '99 and it is not perfect. And mods are worth VERY little at resale.

Chad

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Quote)
The auction was not ended early, and the winning bid was $57,951. I'm just wondering if he'll really follow through with the deal.

Ben.

(Quote)

I betcha anything he doesn't sell. And I don't think somewhere around sixty for that car is out of range. It is a '99 and it is not perfect. And mods are worth VERY little at resale.

First of all I know Dan Black personally and that car was not sold at that price. Second of all Chad engine mods like a Stage II plus supercharger, intercooling, and especially from a world class tuner like Doug @ DLM are going to hold their value alot more than you think. Thats $30K plus of world class performance mods. It will sell for alot higher than 57K!

Adam
Chad

Ben Gratt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,

I agree with you about mods being worth very little at resale, although big ticket items such as blowers, turbos, or a full heads and cam package are somewhat of an exception. Still, getting a 50% return on say a $20,000 DLM package would be pretty good. Add that to maybe $54,000 for a 99, and mid to low 60's for the car doesn't seem out of line.

$58K would be a very good deal though, and I'm just curious about the current situation with the buyer who won the ebay auction.

Ben.

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't believe ebay determines the return on moded cars. Most people that shop ebay are tire kickers looking to make money with a resale.
The ACR used to be Doug's personal car. I know Doug paid 85K cash for it. I saw the receipt because I was interested in buying the car from him even though I own a DLM car. Way back then the car had about 400 miles on it, I don't know how many miles it had when Dan bought it?

You CAN'T appreciate the car bidding on it from ebay. You've got to see it and drive it. I sold my first DLM car 2 years ago and made enough money to replace it for an ABS car and have Doug build me another one. Believe me, If I didn't own a DLM car I would pay the price to buy Dan's car.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960