Selling my Viper as Salvage and/or for Parts

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turns out the body shop that crashed my Viper has multiple complaints against them. The owner of the body shop is Cooper Faassen and is actually a race car driver...but he is also an *******.

Anyway, I am selling my Viper as salvage or for parts. The Viper is at a shop and the manager there will remove whatever parts you wish to buy and ship it to you. 90% of the car was undamaged by the accident and is in perfect condition including the engine. See classifieds or email me at [email protected].

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good - hopefully this helps your case a bit. If they have a history of being negligent, and the dealership that handed your keys over to them knew that, that makes the dealership just as negligent.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy? Are you sure he owns the shop? He looks very young. Is the shop Wilburn Auto Body?
("Wilburn Auto Body has been in business for over 50 years with nine convenient locations in Charlotte, NC and surrounding. Nobody makes it more convenient when you.")

You must be registered for see images

Cooper Faassen

www.cooperfaassen.com

Add Cooper Faassen as Friend|Send Cooper Faassen a Message|View Cooper Faassen's Friends Here are some of Cooper Faassen's friends:
Terri Wilburn

Kim Donatelli Nash

Tyler Lowry

Hannah Deitchel

Taylor Rose Kautzmann-Edwards

Brittany Faassen

Amy Baker

Ashley Preslar

Cooper Faassen likes:

Other
Turns out the body shop that crashed my Viper has multiple complaints against them. The owner of the body shop is Cooper Faassen and is actually a race car driver...but he is also an *******.

Anyway, I am selling my Viper as salvage or for parts. The Viper is at a shop and the manager there will remove whatever parts you wish to buy and ship it to you. 90% of the car was undamaged by the accident and is in perfect condition including the engine. See classifieds or email me at [email protected].

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll do my best not to piss you off Mr. Pantax :D

V

Venomiss

You could contact Paul Scharf or Viper Parts Larry both vendors here to see if they are interested in purchasing your viper. Just a thought if it would help recoup some of your money.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual, Keith, has his facts a little mixed mixed up. It is Charlie Faassen that runs the chain of shops. I would guess that Cooper is one of his three sons or a brother. See below from their web site. If they had an ounce of family pride and decency, they should have offered to repair and make Keith's car like new. Since they are a chain of body shops, it would have cost them relatively little and gained them aditional respect. They could still do same assuming Keith took the insurance payout and has aquired the salvage. A very poor business judgment was made.

About Us

Wilburn Auto Body Shop offers full service collision repair services and works on vehicles of all makes and models. Our state-of-the art shops are well equipped with the most modern and up-to-date equipment available.

We are a direct repair facility for all major insurance companies and offer a lifetime warranty on repairs for as long as you own your vehicle so you can have peace of mind that not only will your vehicle will be repaired properly but that you won't be taken "for a ride" in the process.

Our Legacy

Wilburn Auto Body has deep roots in the Charlotte community. The family business originally begun by Don Wilburn is carried on today by his son-in-law Charly Faassen. The Faassen's three son's are also employed at "WAB" as they carry on the family business.

The legacy of a repair facility with personal service continues.

Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that until the owner of the vehicle is paid by an insurance company it cant be sold by either party(insurance or owner)? So has someones insurance paid you for what the value of an 04 viper is worth and then you are just suing the ones responsible for the difference of the added mods value? Or are you just selling the car before settling with any insurance company involved? Cause if there is no car to hand insurance at time of the claim pay out they will not be obligated to pay out a dime. Unless it is different were you are from?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude