shelby viper?

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy who said that he worked at a Dodge dealership in Ohio, and he told me that they had a "Dodge Shelby Viper" on the lot. He said it costs about $90,000. Is he just pulling my chain or am I stupid for not knowing what a shelby viper is, because i have never heard of such a creature.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to assume it most likely would be one of the "Shelby" Vipers built by Fitzgerald Motorsports in Laconia, NH. They did those for a couple of model years as I remember with some connection to Carroll Shelby or with his blessing. I believe they were white and blue but there may have been other combinations available. You would have to check out this car to see what it really is. Check <fitzmotorsports.com> or email them for further information. I hope this is of some help!

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
They were actually called the CS Viper.

Hollowed out front grill, special wing, and some more cosmetic differences.

The body shop that works on my cars did the work. Great group of guys. Chassis Masters in Laconia NH

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caroll did not make them, only his name is used (with permission).....

They where made and sold by Fitzgerald Dodge. Two types. The first ones were mostly '96's, repainted in Shelby colors Wimbelton White with Gaurdsman Blue stripes, aftermarket wheels with "CS" scripts on centers, and other places, crossbow cut out of grill, CS steering wheel, Plaque on dash, etc.

I'd have to look, but I think they had some bolt on/in perf items to: K&N's, smooth tubes, and maybe a 3:54 rear. Buyer could add more (at their expense) if they liked.

Second version was the red/gold GTS with similar goodies.

I'll call Dan Fitzgerald and get the VINs for these and add them to the registry. As I recall, he did not sell a lot of them.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
More CS Edition Trivia:

VOI.2, Monterey 1995, was the official coming-out for the 1996 CS. Carrol Shelby rode in it as the Pace Car and as grand marshall for the "1st Annual AutoWeek Rolling Concours" {with my invite, Dan Fitzgerald bumped ME from that pace car duty, and I was therefore allowed to proudly intro Shel and Dan at the event. All were white/blue.

VOI.4, Orlando, was the debut of the CS-GTS. Red/Gold. Fewer than 50 were scheduled to be built, and fewer than 25 were built. Those who have the "group photo" can clearly spot the car near-center of row 2 as I recall........

NOW, you know way more than that Dodge salesman !!

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glove box lid signed by Shelby, 3.73:1 rear end, stiffer sway bars and shocks, free flow exhaust ---- some more trivia
smile.gif

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I was just stupid, I thought the guy was pulling my leg! Thanks for all the info guys.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I didn't want Tim to get mad at me if I showed the license plate.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4