Shipping from MO to NJ

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Considering shipping a GTS from MO to NJ in the next few weeks here. Does anyone recommend any shippers?

I searched through the archives but seems like some guys are out of biz currently.

Thanks

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the company I used but tell us about the car...

Guys,

Considering shipping a GTS from MO to NJ in the next few weeks here. Does anyone recommend any shippers?

I searched through the archives but seems like some guys are out of biz currently.

Thanks

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chambers - Overland Park

v10 - its a solid silver 99 GTS, 15K miles, headers, exhaust, smooth tubes.

Just curious, what was wrong with your shipper? a few companies I called changed their price when I called back later the same day.

I had planned on driving it home but the weather really turned here in the last 2 weeks.

Not worried so much about the salt, but seems like snow every few days here

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just curious because I purchased my RT Viper from Springfield MO last summer. I drove it all the way back to Maryland. The weather was great. Good Luck.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim good luck with whomever you choose to bring the car here, congats as well. That makes for yet another silver GTS in North Jersey!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how I can help but I live in KC which is just minutes from your car. If you need something let me know I will help anyway I can.

ba$$fan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used passport last year from Seattle to Fort Worth. I had no complaints. Everything was on time and and no problems other than the neighborly commotion caused by them unloading a ferrari, corvette and viper in front of my house. Sadly two went back on...but the Viper stayed!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer contracted Accurate Auto Carriers. The car was shipped from IN to NJ. The salt and snow can really blast the inner wells this time of year. They promised a lift gate but the truck came with ramps. No problems but I paid for a lift gate. They also dragged it out an extra 5 days and couldn't provide regular updates. I guess NJ really is a silver GTS magnet. It looks like you're very close by to Plumcrazy and not too far from me... Hope to see you at the local events... Congratulations and best of luck...

Chambers - Overland Park

v10 - its a solid silver 99 GTS, 15K miles, headers, exhaust, smooth tubes.

Just curious, what was wrong with your shipper? a few companies I called changed their price when I called back later the same day.

I had planned on driving it home but the weather really turned here in the last 2 weeks.

Not worried so much about the salt, but seems like snow every few days here

Last edited:

csmwiese

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a used car dealer and have shipped many vehicles, do not look up auto shipping on the internet and call a few to get quotes. They are all brokers signed up on the same transporting network, it’s like a wed site dedicated to transport driver only. When they need to add a car or two, they look on this website (that they are a member of) and see if anything is going there way. Now pricing….they will tell you whatever it takes to get you to post with them, example: they tell you $900 and you say OK…..they will post it on the network for $700 and if a driver takes it you pay $900 and they pay the driver $700. But if no one takes the $700 posting they will just let it sit (and it may take a while for a driver to take it if it is too cheap) or they will bump you and raise their estimate. 95% of the drivers also do not have enclosed transportation.

I have shipped many classic cars with Reliable Carriers, they may be a couple bucks more then some, but they know what they are doing…they are the orange trucks you see advertising with Barrett Jackson or Mecum
Also getting a driver to drive to NJ this time of year will be a little harder.
My guess is it will be about $1200-$1500, you may be able to find someone for less…and I have gone the cheap way before and almost everytime I wish I had just paid the $300 more

If you don’t care about enclosed, call Ready Auto Transport. They are the largest of those transport brokers and have weeded out all the bad transport companies.

Good Luck.

Thanks, Clint
1997 GTS

am31

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used intercity lines and I have to say they were great. Follow up and communication were great.

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently used Reliable Carriers, Inc. and was very satisfied with the service they provided. The drivers were in contact with me with updates and got the car to me in less than a week. The price was not bad at all and I used the enclosed trailer.

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, Passport Transport, Inc was the Official Carrier of VOI 11 and will be the Official Carrier of VOI 12. They do a great job and are priced competitively, they are also located in MO. Give them a call! You won't be sorry. I hope to see you and your car at a local NJ event this year! Good Luck!

Now sign up and become a member! lol!

Cheers!

Bobby

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang