Shipping to VOI...Reliable Carriers

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are shipping the car to Nashville for VOI. We want to book our flights, but we have yet to hear from Reliable on when the car will be shipped from Chicago, and back from Nashville.

I would like to be present when the car is unloaded in Nashville, and loaded again after the event.

In the past, what kind of schedule have they been on.

I called Reliable, and they said the schedule was still being worked on.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birvini
Same thing here for the Texas to Nashville. I faxed the paperwork in 3 times with no conformation. I called and they said they had the paper and would get back w/ me. They took the final credit card payment but have not called or e-mailed. Reliable, I hope the service is better than the name suggest. I understand that they have to figure out how many stops per truck etc. but the deadline was a good month ago. I do not want to wait until the last min. so I decided to trailer even though I will loose 1/2 my money, atleast I am sure of where and when now. Good luck

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birvini, In Fl they pick them up 7-10 days out. Each zone though
is going to be different due to distance. Car usually arrives 1-2
days prior. I have never shipped back for 2 reasons. 1. Not there
to supervise loading. 2. Return shipments can be weeks after the
event. Always enjoy driving back,this trip 3 of us plan to stop
in New Orleans for couple days and several other cities. Also
extra clothes,baggage and stuff you buy while there can be shipped home by you or the hotel.

OP
OP
B

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We actually talked about doing the same thing last night. I'll try to call Reliable on Monday to find out the details. It ***** that you give somebody your money, and they don't even send a confirmation.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jkRacer9, You can count on them for your pick-up. It is 2-3 weeks
before the event before they will contact you and give you the drop off location.

OP
OP
B

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you say the return trip might take weeks???

I sure hope this is not the case. My comfort level with the car being bounced all over North America in a car hauler is very low.
It's reasonable for it to take a few days to return, but not weeks.

OTinchon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don`t be afraid of 2 or 3 weeks, we had given our vipers to a transportation company on monday the 12!!!
And won`t see them till september the 18!!!
I hope i will not get crazy till that date!!!
(Sorry for my english)

OP
OP
B

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I decide not to ship the car through Reliable, what are my chances of getting a full refund? This is my first time shipping a car, and I assumed (stupid me), that it would be fairly painless. If the shipping form had mentioned the possibility of a two to three week adventure, I wouldn't of bothered. I can just picture in my mind a $6.00 a hour security guard sitting on the hood of my car at 3am the Thursday after VOI ends, waiting for the Reliable truck to get there.

Well, hopefully the details work out. If not, I rent a trailer and bring it down myself. Hey, Vipermad, you still got that trailer for sale?

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it might be better for me to trailer instead of a transport. I will ask for a refund and if they decline I will deliver a beat to death 1982 rolled once 4 door station wagon to the pickup spot. Let them deliver unload and reload for trip back.Then if they take 6 to 7 weeks it wont matter.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked to them today. Seemed alright to me. I wanted them to move up the pickup day to Monday so that I could attend the drags. They said sure. I asked when they would deliver the car back from VOI. He said within one or two days following the VOI. We'll see. The only thing I worry about is the parking situation at Opryland for the few days I am not there. I don't worry at all about them handling the car, since they should know how to do it because they moved most all of our cars at least once.

I'm going to try to get them to allow me to leave my car cover on the unit the few days I'm not there, just to discourage some potential problems.

He also said that they are still working out details because Chrysler "got on them" because of confusion on who wanted shipping, etc. Seems many were left out that wanted shipping.

OP
OP
B

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Just got off the phone with Unreliable. More to come...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine