Shock and Awe !!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I admit, I am a poser at times, but after reading this post, it has to be the BIGGEST POSER post of all time! I agree with the above, I love my car but the attention is old and worrying about your car when you are inside a store is getting old to me too. But people get their cars for different reasons...none of it is wrong.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just don't get the whole "show off stuff", do you think anyone really cares? What do you really expect to get out of it? I agree with the above, if I saw some old fart going though my HS parking lot in a Viper, I think I would be looking at the guy and wondering if he was on crack or something.

Still, it is nice when I leave the movie theater and 10 or "kids" run up and give you the THUMBS UP. Several times I have been gassing it up and people have asked to take a picture of it. I always oblige and offer to let them sit in it as well.

I remember being that age too and wishing. They care. Was there really anything else on our minds back then other than nice cars and girls???? It's nice to have someone be cool rather than just ignore them.

MUCH better than someone keying it or hitting it with Eggs....

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But people get their cars for different reasons...none of it is wrong.

Excellent point. It does not matter whether you bought a Viper to show off, drive hard, chase chicks, drink gas, worship daily, or even to just sit around and look at. As long as you are happy with your purchase then you have nothing to worry about. There are many people that would gladly trade places with anyone of us so we should all be thankful for what we have.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent point. It does not matter whether you bought a Viper to show off, drive hard, chase chicks, drink gas, worship daily, or even to just sit around and look at. As long as you are happy with your purchase then you have nothing to worry about. There are many people that would gladly trade places with anyone of us so we should all be thankful for what we have.
Boy we are really stroking each others ego...cool! :D

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah but driving your car through a school parking lot when you are 35 and revving the engine is just a bit much. Really, do you feel feel the need to impress the kids that much?

It's like flying to Etheopia with a huge hamburger then chewing with your mouth open so everyone could see your food.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, everyone buys a car for different reasons. Here in Vegas, I get plenty of looks in the car, but there are so many nice cars out here, many don't even give a second look.
I've only had the car for a month, but was fortunate to take one special person for a spin.
His name is JC, and he's 7 years old. His parents Brian and Janice are members of my car club, and when he saw the car, he had to have a ride-he likes fast cars, and knows about Vipers. His parents said OK, and took several pictures of him in the car. We went for a quick spin, and he hasn't stopped talking about it since.
:)
What makes it special is that JC has a brain tumor that has caused him to have seizures for the last two years of his short life. He is having surgery in three weeks to have it removed. Hopefully all will be fine.
His parents even have the pic of him in the car in their avitar on our local bulliten board.
:laugh:
Making a kids dream come true- Now THAT is one of the best things you can do with your car.
http://www.lvfbody.com/forum/avatar.php?userid=50&dateline=1061252214

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my Viper because there are very few cars
that make me week in my knees. The lines of the viper are awesome a V10 six speed wide tires flaming red paint
white stripes.Sometimes people think you buy a car like the viper to show off, not so I tell them I wished I like VWs cause there cheaper.Owning a Viper was the only way to
fix that empty feeling in your gut---------------Guess
I'm my own shock and awe :cool:

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope all turns out well with JC, wish him and his parents luck from the Viper enthusiasts and owners on this board!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope all turns out well with JC, wish him and his parents luck from the Viper enthusiasts and owners on this board!

And that our prayers go out to him and his family. I wish him well and God speed.

Austin

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, everyone buys a car for different reasons. Here in Vegas, I get plenty of looks in the car, but there are so many nice cars out here, many don't even give a second look.
I've only had the car for a month, but was fortunate to take one special person for a spin.
His name is JC, and he's 7 years old. His parents Brian and Janice are members of my car club, and when he saw the car, he had to have a ride-he likes fast cars, and knows about Vipers. His parents said OK, and took several pictures of him in the car. We went for a quick spin, and he hasn't stopped talking about it since.
What makes it special is that JC has a brain tumor that has caused him to have seizures for the last two years of his short life. He is having surgery in three weeks to have it removed. Hopefully all will be fine.
His parents even have the pic of him in the car in their avitar on our local bulliten board.
:laugh:
Making a kids dream come true- Now THAT is one of the best things you can do with your car.
http://www.lvfbody.com/forum/avatar.php?userid=50&dateline=1061252214

Great story. Last year, George at MGW used his Viper to raise some money for a young boy with a severe illness. I believe he even recieved a write-up in the Viper Quarterly for his good deeds. This is the type of "showing off" that we should all strive for. I know that I will do the same if the opportunity presents itself. Can you imagine how good it makes the parents of these children feel when we use our cars to make their kid's dream come true?

Reaction score
I bought mine, because I didn't have one...

The best use I get out of my Viper is donating it to as many charitable events as I can. Even if it's not good for the car (used as a "Play-Set" at an Airshow!). What's the point if you can't share it? When the Lamborghini Countach was first developed, the Chief Designer stated the following: "It's not what the Countach does for you, but what it does for others.".

The public generally loves Vipers, so do some good with your's ever chance you get. It could be Dream-Rides (Make-A-Wish Foundation), Parades, Grand Openings, or just making someone's day... :laugh: