Short Throw Shifters...are they worth it?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see any problem shifting with my new short throw shifter at all.It doesn't take much strength for me and it slides right into gear. So much better than stock imo. The old stock shifter felt like operation the front end loader on my tractor. A world of difference on mine anyway.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my '08 I just added the MGW (sp?)shorter shift knob and it has been great. It is an easy mod (I had it added before the was even delivered)and it works great. In addition, my transmission linkage has always been fine and feels stout.

Last edited:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found out the shifter in my gen 1 was broken and that was the biggest problem. I just thought it was sloppy. My GTS has shifted great since i've owned it and is really fun to drive. The gen 1 actually is a lot more fun now that i had the short shifter installed,but seeing as it was my first Viper,i really can't say what it drove like before the broken shifter. Either way,i am very glad i had it fixed. So,basicly what i am trying to say here is i don't know how the gen 1's shift with an unbroken stock shifter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather