Side by side SRT coupe & ZO6... (pic)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, who ya gonna believe, Motor Trend thought it was the Z06 and Road and Track, AutoWeek and CORVETTE Magazine said it was the Blue Devil. And we now know Wifey was incorrect about what Corvette Magazine said. The beat goes on, you guys who believe a STOCK 505hp car can lap the ring that fast are pretty naive.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you lee00blacksilvergts at least some one agrees with me. r/t says its the blue devil, autoweek says its the bluedevile, even CORVETTE magizane says its the bluedevil. so if corvette says its the bluedevil it must be.

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I give up... I will fall into line and recite every morning "my Viper is the fastest car ever made". That should make me fit in better here. I noticed that Lee and sween have both ignored Hirohawa comments from the most recent gospel of Motor Trend about the Z06 times at the ring. I am also referncing the most recent Corvette magazine, not the crap last quarter about the possbility of there being a Blue Devil.

But as I have learned... "My Viper is the fastest car made!"

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But as I have learned... "My Viper is the fastest car made!"

Welcome to the Viper forum, where ANY comment that casts an unfavorable light on any Viper(well truthful or not) will cause a major flamefest. As long as you know that Viper is the fastest, most attractive, best sounding, best interior and best built (Fit and Finsh) car EVER to be built you'll fit in fine. :laugh:

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Welcome to the Viper forum, where ANY comment that casts an unfavorable light on any Viper(well truthful or not) will cause a major flamefest. As long as you know that Viper is the fastest, most attractive, best sounding, best interior and best built (Fit and Finsh) car EVER to be built you'll fit in fine."

You would think this is the Viper club or something :confused: ...The nerve on some people :shocked: . I mean I see your point Mopar426, the Viper is the slowest, ugliest, worst sounding, worst interior,and worst built car ever...So is this what you and wifey wish to hear ? Why are you here if you dislike Vipers so much ? I don't like Vettes, blue, green, red or any color, 505 or 1000hp it's still a Vette, but you don't see me posting that at the Vette forum...BTW, until your ZO6 materialize and proves something, VIPER IS STILL THE FASTEST, MOST ATTRACTIVE, BEST SOUNDING CAR UNDER 83K. :2tu:
You can have the best fit and finish and all that .... :cool:

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Welcome to the Viper forum, where ANY comment that casts an unfavorable light on any Viper(well truthful or not) will cause a major flamefest. As long as you know that Viper is the fastest, most attractive, best sounding, best interior and best built (Fit and Finsh) car EVER to be built you'll fit in fine."

You would think this is the Viper club or something :confused: ...The nerve on some people :shocked: . I mean I see your point Mopar426, the Viper is the slowest, ugliest, worst sounding, worst interior,and worst built car ever...So is this what you and wifey wish to hear ? Why are you here if you dislike Vipers so much ? I don't like Vettes, blue, green, red or any color, 505 or 1000hp it's still a Vette, but you don't see me posting that at the Vette forum...BTW, until your ZO6 materialize and proves something, VIPER IS STILL THE FASTEST, MOST ATTRACTIVE, BEST SOUNDING CAR UNDER 83K. :2tu:

Well said DSR!!!!! The people in this forum are very, very proud of their cars Mopar (if you hadn't noticed) but for some reason you like to come into the forum and strip that away..... Whats your deal????? If some people claim that there car is the best thing (Viper, Ferrari, Corvette etc.)on the planet then, let them be.. (to them, it is the best thing).... So, Let it go..........

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Well said DSR!!!!! The people in this forum are very, very proud of their cars Mopar (if you hadn't noticed) but for some reason you like to come into the forum and strip that away..... Whats your deal????? If some people claim that there car is the best thing (Viper, Ferrari, Corvette etc.)on the planet then, let them be.. (to them, it is the best thing).... So, Let it go..........

very well said

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am proud of the car and I hope for more from DCX.

That being said if I walked into work and ignored the competition and just kept telling myself we are the best company around no matter what I would be out a job soon. I give credit where it's due, even if it's the competition. But after that I go to work to try and come up with a better product than the other guy.

This forum seems more akin to the head in the sand routine.

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote : "Wifey's Viper first post"

- 07/16/05 04:17 PM

I was just wondering if the 2000 GTS was considered an odd year. It does not have the forged internals of the 96-99 models nor does it have ABS like the following two years. Does this affect the value at all? I am somewhat torn between looking for a 1999 ACR or 2001-2002 ACR but have thus far shyed away from the 2000's. Is this valid or just stupid?

As you can see we are new to the board, mostly lurking since May, <font color="red"> but have found this site a tremdous help. I bought my wife a 2002 Graphite GTS in May and I am hardly allowed to drive it. She just polishes it with Zanio and looks at it. She even had the carpenter install 12 can lights in the garage so she could see it better! Guess who got to paint the garage though. We love it so much she wants me to get my own.</font>

Thanks for any help regarding the ACRs and what years are more desirable.

Karl &amp; Chrissy (in absentia)

So now you think this forum seems akin to the head in the sand routine ? No one here would say no to HP increase, and not many are happy with DC, but ******** about it day after day is not the answer, not buying their car is, that would send the message loud and clear. So either sell the car and hold a protest sign outside DC plant or, how about this, try driving your wife's car, or test drive an SRT and see, feel and learn about what you're missing out on...... :2tu:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am proud of the car and I hope for more from DCX.

That being said if I walked into work and ignored the competition and just kept telling myself we are the best company around no matter what I would be out a job soon. I give credit where it's due, even if it's the competition. But after that I go to work to try and come up with a better product than the other guy.

This forum seems more akin to the head in the sand routine.

You hit the nail on the head. For some reason it seems that the SRT guys don't want to hear anything bad about the cars and would prefer to ignore it.

I know when I got my GTS everyone was screaming how crappy the brakes were. They were right. I didn't care, I still love my car and learned to manage the brakes pretty well. But, DC did seem to take notice and improved the brakes to a phenominal level. Not sure why the SRT guys don't want to see more improved cars in the future to keep the Viper brand on top.

Strange.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :2tu: :usa:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue devil this... blue devil that

Whether you like/dislike the hype around it... at least there IS hype around it. I rarely hear one peep about a new Viper coupe coming out soon outside of the vca. There's no buzz. Nobody cares. Just makes it seem like DC thinks there's nothing to really hype about it.

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Sept. delivery for the new coupe on Ebay just went for 88k. I believe that's not even over sticker. Not a great sign and I agree there has not been enough hype over the new coupe from outside the Viper crowd. Hopefully that will change when the car hits the streets.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the regular price for the srt-10 coupe is 83K, its a 4.5k option to get the first edition package. so thats about right

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

It was tounge in cheek, sorry if I offened. But I have seen a Viper owner post something negative about his car (like sidestill yellowing) and then have several members flame him for it. I mean NO car is perfect, none of mine are but I can admit that. I just don't get the "holier than thou" mentality. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't interested in the car, but sometimes I wonder if all Viper owners are as anal retentive as some here. Nothing wrong in having pride/loving your car, but to think EVERY other car on the road is a Piece of st** is narrowminded in my eyes. I guess I can appreciate other cars even if I choose not to own them.

Sorry if I offened anyone...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar, see if you can understand the SRT GEN 3's angst when folks come here dumping on their generation through an anology. Now I know you and I have corrected many here regarding C-3's over the years, you own a 68 big block and I own a 69, right? You know the 68's sucked don't you? They had the worst quality control in history, they were dumped on by every auto mag around including the Vette ones. They rattled so bad they would shake your fillings out going over railroad tracks. Conversely, the 69 was completely fixed, including the goofy door handle and in addition offered side pipes as an option. And was so well constructed that it has the highest sales number of any metal bumper C3. Boy those 68's sucked, glad they fixed 'em up finally. I would never own one of those. Glad I waited for a 69.
See, now your blood is boiling, someone insulted not only your baby but your RESALE VALUE. As a non-viper owner maybe you can put it in perspective now. And I do think you're a good guy and have always enjoyed you here and indeed have often called on you to help me document Vette trivia when the brothers here questioned my knowledge. Just trying to make a point about positivity vs. negativity and how guys don't like their brand OR their year or model dumped on. You're still my Vette go to guy here and 68's are fine, anyone owning one at this point has updated it so it's equal to any C3.

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess i just see things differently. I know that my car being an 2002 has a lesser cam and does not have the forged internals like the earlier GTS's. From that aspect it is a lesser car. It also has medicore brakes and I envy the SRT guys for that. But it doesn't make my blood boil, I love my car but I accept its faults.

But possibly admitting that the new Z06 is faster and maybe brakes better it doesn't make the new Vipers crap it should just inspire DCX to better the new Viper.

Anyone that gets testy because they feel i have impuned their resale value needs to take a breath. Resale value is beyond our control. I didn't buy my GTS b/c of resale value and it would not keep me from buying a SRT. GTS's that sold for 75k now go for 40k in some instances. The SRT will suffer the same fate and then rebound. No need to cry over or try to pretend that it won't happen. It will. SRT prices around here are already below 59k for 2003's with under 2000 miles.

P.S. I love the George Carlin quote.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that gets testy because they feel i have impuned their resale value needs to take a breath. Resale value is beyond our control. I didn't buy my GTS b/c of resale value and it would not keep me from buying a SRT. GTS's that sold for 75k now go for 40k in some instances. The SRT will suffer the same fate and then rebound. No need to cry over or try to pretend that it won't happen. It will. SRT prices around here are already below 59k for 2003's with under 2000 miles.

P.S. I love the George Carlin quote.

No sense in pointing out the SRT's faults... Every car has them.. We know this..
But think of it this way.. Would you like someone coming over to your house and pointing out the faults (physical , etc.)of your Wife? To you, she may not have any, but to the next guy she have tons... I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear about them.... (if you love your wife)
Just let it go.... In here we love our cars no matter what they are... To bash them is just an open invitation for a bad scenario.....

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar, see if you can understand the SRT GEN 3's angst when folks come here dumping on their generation through an anology. Now I know you and I have corrected many here regarding C-3's over the years, you own a 68 big block and I own a 69, right? You know the 68's sucked don't you? They had the worst quality control in history, they were dumped on by every auto mag around including the Vette ones. They rattled so bad they would shake your fillings out going over railroad tracks. Conversely, the 69 was completely fixed, including the goofy door handle and in addition offered side pipes as an option. And was so well constructed that it has the highest sales number of any metal bumper C3. Boy those 68's sucked, glad they fixed 'em up finally. I would never own one of those. Glad I waited for a 69.
See, now your blood is boiling, someone insulted not only your baby but your RESALE VALUE. As a non-viper owner maybe you can put it in perspective now. And I do think you're a good guy and have always enjoyed you here and indeed have often called on you to help me document Vette trivia when the brothers here questioned my knowledge. Just trying to make a point about positivity vs. negativity and how guys don't like their brand OR their year or model dumped on. You're still my Vette go to guy here and 68's are fine, anyone owning one at this point has updated it so it's equal to any C3.

Lee, I see where you are coming from and glad you help me put things in pertspective. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

P.S. email some pics of the '69 when you get a chance I don't believe I've ever seen them. :cool:

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's insane to bash a GenII or a GenIII. Each has its own appeal and each is an amazing automobile. Wish I had both in my driveway so that I could thoroughly enjoy the unique virtues of each one. Alas, if I did, I would expose myself to the condition mentioned in my signature.

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LS9 powerplant is a 6.2L Supercharged engine that will be on the 2008 Z06 apparently. The LS3 is NA. It's neat to see that much horsepower as stock. In a few years the stock Vette will produce the same hp as my Viper, with better braking. Won't turn as many heads though!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, actually I gotta disagree again. Regardless of horsepower or weight I think the SRT has superior brakes at this point. It has been one of my points regarding the UNTESTED as of yet comparison between the two cars. Especially on a road course. Anyone else want to comment on the SRT brakes vs. the Z06 brakes? Be careful I don't think anyone has tested a Z06 in braking, have they?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, actually I gotta disagree again. Regardless of horsepower or weight I think the SRT has superior brakes at this point. It has been one of my points regarding the UNTESTED as of yet comparison between the two cars. Especially on a road course. Anyone else want to comment on the SRT brakes vs. the Z06 brakes? Be careful I don't think anyone has tested a Z06 in braking, have they?
h

It is truly a sad day when Viper wants to compare brakes with the competition.

Boy, how the mighty have fallen.

Oh yeah, I'm not supposed to say anything that might offend the guys in the plant. Oops. They must be mighty proud of the brakes.

Ok, flame away.

LMAO

:D :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will say a couple of things that i think the vette will not beat

brakes, skidpad,looks(but everyone thinks differentlty),head turns and for sure power(yup the viper has five more hp) so if you want better stock 0-60, stock 1/4 mile get the vette. if you want exoticness, better handling,if your going to take it to the track, head turns, and if your going to mod it get the viper. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Oh yeah, I'm not supposed to say anything that might offend the guys in the plant. Oops. They must be mighty proud of the brakes.

Ok, flame away.

LMAO
None taken
You must be registered for see images