Side Sill Screw Plug

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a recent thread started by someone looking for replacement side sill screw plugs. I found what appears to be an identical replacement at McMaster-Carr. The part# is 85985K21. I did a search here and dave6666 referenced this same part in the following post from 2008, but at the time had not purchased any.

http://forums.viperclub.org/2485159-post17.html

I purchased a bag because I needed a few and they appear to be identical to the original with the exception of some manufacturing marks on the underside of the plug. The specifications of the plug are below.

Fits ID: 3/4"
Fits Panel Thick: 0.016"-0.125"
Head Dia.: 59/64"
Pkg Qty.: 100
Part #: 85985K21
Per Pkg.: $8.02

The following are pictures of the old plug (left) and new plug (right). You can see the old plug was missing a tab.

I just thought I would post this in case anyone in the future was looking for replacement side sill screw plugs.

You must be registered for see images attach

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you really missed an opportunity here...you could have taken a part that costs 8 cents each and sold them for $1 each...that would have put you straight into the VCA site sponsors hall of fame. :D

Thanks for the info and the post.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the best deal out there. Lowes has the same thing but they come 4 to a bag for $1.79 or something like that. If you need 4 or fewer, Lowes is probably the best bet, if you want to replace 'em all (or be a friend to all in your local VCA region), the McMC is clearly the way to go!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you really missed an opportunity here...you could have taken a part that costs 8 cents each and sold them for $1 each...

That doesn't include the Viper tax and R&D costs. Those little eight cent plugs are easily a $19.99 item + shipping. 10% off for VCA members.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Just found this thread through the search, as I damaged a few while pulling my covers for exhaust work. The 100pk should last for a while...