side veiw mirror

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
has anyone replaced a side veiw mirror glass on a gen 1 viper...reason for asking is I brought a electric side veiw kit and they are unpainted but everything seems the same so I thought before i send them in to be painted..that i could just swap things out/over...seems when i did my muth signal mirrors on my 2000 durango i just poped off the mirror..was wondering if this is the same way they did the 95 vipers..and it seems to me that the insides of both mirrors are the same...thanks

OP
OP
N

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did fig it out the glass pops right off using gentle pressure from the lower left side...saves me from getting the new grey ones painted..all internals are the same..the top of the glass has two tabs that hook in and the bottom is press fit so if you have to remove it do it from the bottom left

OP
OP
N

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
got the kit from snake oyl..good people to deal with and fast service..its a good quility kit and has a small joystik which you twist to select mirrors (much like whats in most cars today) they come in grey so you have to paint em..howver i just swaped out the insides with mine as those parts are all dodge...(would be nice if they just sold an internal kit only) I also ordered the auto dim drivers mirror as that was the other thing that bugged me...snake oyl are great to deal with fast freindly and great communication

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Nice that the internals swap. If you get some pics of the finnished install, in particular the joy stick, I'd like to see. Where exactly did you place it, on the console I assume...

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was surprised when I received my 98GTS no power mirrors like my 99RT. I was look'n at the kits but they don't go into the dash like the 99. The 00 has a recessed hole for the switch. What did you do and any Pictures?? THX

OP
OP
N

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry for the delay ill post a pic of the swith tomorrow..the instruction say to mount it in the dash just down from the vents..i did have to drill a hole in the top of the door under each mirror but was no prob..for the wires to go through and my old mirrors are now bolted back on with the new internals..however thats as far as im going right now as my ffr cobra kit showed up yesterday and im trying to clean my garage out to make room..the wiring kit that came with it is just like factory with the dodge waterproof conectors..well thought out kit..