Silver with stripes? Carbon fiber?

spmorgan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Silver vert and am looking to pick up a new 2008 style hood. I'm debating about whether I should paint it and do some stripes, or get a carbon fiber one and just leave it carbon. Anyone have an pics of silver with stripes or CF hoods?

Shawn

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I was having the same dilemma about my black vert...........but I like the look of carbon fiber on black cars. Yeah, it's a little ricey.........but carbon fiber looks so sweet I'd hate to cover it up!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was having the same dilemma about my black vert...........but I like the look of carbon fiber on black cars. Yeah, it's a little ricey.........but carbon fiber looks so sweet I'd hate to cover it up!

I agree I am going to pick one up from Steve and I am deciding how to expose some carbon on my red 03. Hell the tuners seem to be fading away I have not seen a yellow carbon hood in awhile LOL.

Andy:2tu:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could leave the hood vents unpainted. That might look cool.
I agree I am going to pick one up from Steve and I am deciding how to expose some carbon on my red 03. Hell the tuners seem to be fading away I have not seen a yellow carbon hood in awhile LOL.

Andy:2tu:

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had stripes, I'd say Paint the CF silver but mask off for two stripes, in the natural CF. Then do CF pattern stripes for the rest of the car. That would look pretty mean, no?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1

At least paint it.

Austin, I believe the 08 silver hood would look good with a black band.. a la ACR....can you photo shop the hood with a black band????

You must be registered for see images attach

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Could leave the hood vents unpainted. That might look cool.

Was thinking about painting it red but leaving the drives side stripe in carbon and then turning to black on the front fascia but I still can't decide. Also thought about leaving the fang stripe in carbon and the rest in red that might look nice as well. Who knows we'll see.
:headbang:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a sillver 2003 that I did the black fade on the sides (they were vinyl) similar to my gold CC shown at the left. Then I had the same fade paint on the hood in the louvers fading from black on the front louver and fading to silver by the windshield. The car looked great, I wish I knew how to upload a picture to show you. Maybe some one else smarted than me can tell you where to find the pictures on the website. If not send me a PM with another email address and I will send you some shots I know that I can send.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Might look kind of funky having the stripes on the hood being real CF, but the stripes on the trunklid painted another color....just my $.02

Any pics of folks leaving their CF hood exposed? I bet it's not as "ricer" as we may think. On a dark car such as black or graphite, it might look trick........but on white or yellow it may clash too much. Maybe those who have 'been there and done that' can chime in.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't leave hood all carbon, that's ricey to me.

Is this car ricey?:D Veyron Vincero

You must be registered for see images

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow that EB is NUTZ!

Love the whole center section of the car in carbon. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with my buddy treesnake. Especially on a silver car, I think the CF hood might look good.

I'd like to see one before it was painted to decide.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would definitely leave some carbon exposed. Ricey? Hardly. Just don't get neon light or bling bling nasty chrome and you are good.

OP
OP
S

spmorgan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered the Vipair 08 style carbon hood, and I'll put it on unpainted on my Silver vert and see how it seems. I'll snap some pics.

Shawn