Simple Carpet Problem

F

FrgMstr

Just looking for the best solution to fixing this issue. The carpet in the trunk is no longer fixed to the trunk wall. When I bought the car there was an amp and an EQ mounted on this surface, when these were removed, the stereo installer used Velcro with adhesive that did not last long in the Texas heat.

I have couple ideas on how to fix this, but none of these seem to be the "right" way to me. Please share your thoughts on a fix, thanks.

You must be registered for see images
[

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03' didn't come with a carpet kit, but I'm about to order one from VPA. Does anyone have pictures of the factory velcro placement, or is it just along all exposed edges? :eater: TIA

The Viper mats I just ordered from the Northern CA club, will really look good on top :2tu:

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why didnt your 03 come with carpet? in the back?

The trunk carpet kit was originally an option, I believe, for 2003. Maybe the same for the convertible top vinyl cover? Or was it always included?

I do like the way they put a large Viper logo on the trunk carpet, staring out as you open the lid.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why didnt your 03 come with carpet? in the back?

Not really sure. I thought it might've been an option the original owner didn't get .... or maybe I've been ripped off, just wasn't there when purchased. Was trunk carpet standard in all 03's :dunno:

PS. I did get the vinyl top cover :2tu:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can always spray glue it. Super 77 I think its called. You probably have some left over from your speaker box if you carpeted it (I don't recall)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really sure. I thought it might've been an option the original owner didn't get .... or maybe I've been ripped off, just wasn't there when purchased. Was trunk carpet standard in all 03's :dunno:

To my knowledge, the trunk carpet kit wasn't available until 2004, and even then, it was standard, not an option...it became a purchasable accessory for the 03 cars not too long after.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

no back carpet in 03? ***

While searching around for this today, the information I came up with was that the early 2003 cars had the carpet kit option then later in the 2003 production installed carpet was standard.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Some 2003's did not come with the trunk carpet. For the convertible boot cover, it did not come with the vehicle originally (2003's and 2004's). You actually received it from Dodge a few weeks later (they shipped one to you).

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used 3m velcro to put mine back in. Make sure to clean the contact surfaces really well with IPA. One of the main reasons velcro stops sticking is improper prep. Good chance the stereo installer did not clean well enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masterofzen