Since the SRT Coupe didn't cut it for me...

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since the SRT Coupe didn\'t cut it for me...

Here's my plan:
Get an low miles SRT-10 vert when they drop some more (say 58K);
Buy the hard top that has the Comp Coupe vent in it;
Buy the Comp Coupe spoiler and install it;
Add as many Comp Coupe parts as I can afford, i.e., lightweight flywheel (for sure), brakes, new wheels, maybe aftermarket front splitter that's not too low;
Maybe add stripes like the Comp Coupe and SRT Coupe
Add generous quantities of track time to tune the package, stir, mix with lots of fun street time;
And you have: the Coupe that should'a been - for a lot less dough! :2tu:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Since the SRT Coupe didn\'t cut it for me...

Not a bad idea. At VOI they had a selection of aftermarket hardtops. You can choose the one you liked best. Vipermania, Autoform or Metalcrafters. They really change the look of the SRT. (Vipermania said they will be soon releasing their fast back version of a top.)
I think many people don't go crazy over the looks of the SRT because their eye is distracted by that large black fabric roof. Just as the RT/10's look like they are wearing a toupe with their standard black fabric roofs. Adding a color matching roof makes tonnes of difference.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since the Comp Coupe utilizes stock brakes (just race pads), can you send em the money you just saved? :) :) :)

OP
OP
A

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Is that right? Well, in that case, just the pads, please... :)

Gotta save where I can! :2tu:

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Why bother? You will have a hybrid car worth nothing. A wantabe. It would be like some of the vette guys buying Z06 emblems and putting them on the non z06.

OP
OP
A

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well, I don't see it as a "hybrid." Rather, it's improving the breed. Plenty of people have added spoilers to RTs and even GTS's. That's the only non-reversible change I'd contemplate, as vinyl stripes could be removed, hard tops come off, etc.
Really it's just getting the best of both worlds - the open air when you want it, and the "right look" for the coupe! :2tu:
I will probably end up doing this someday, really don't like the ducktail.