Single post lift

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Why a single post lift? There are advantages with either a two post or a four post, but why a single post?

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would steer away from a single post lift. They can fail and they are not as safe as two post.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Why a single post lift? There are advantages with either a two post or a four post, but why a single post?

I have been using my Bendpak lifts for years without problems.

For primarily storage, they can't be beat.....

Leaves a little more room to do other things too.....

After a while, the guys helping me didn't pay any attention to the cars over their head...

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

those purple rollers at the bottom of the coupe.. what are they called and where can i get them? i been looking around for a little while and I must be searching the wrong names of it.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're Go-Jacks. Just look around for the best price. For the Viper, the 4500 or the 6200 models are the only ones I know that would work becuase of the width of the tires. The models also represent TOTAL weight that can be put on all 4. I like the 4500 better with dual rollers and they are usually a little cheaper as well.

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dammm you have a nice set up there. And some sweet cars. Love it....
I have been using my Bendpak lifts for years without problems.

For primarily storage, they can't be beat.....

Leaves a little more room to do other things too.....

After a while, the guys helping me didn't pay any attention to the cars over their head...

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct!...;).

They are great for detailing, changing oil and......:dunno:.

They are storage lifts.

What did you do to verify that the floor could take the load of a single post? Did you have to drill the cement to check thickness or did you know that already? Isn't there a minimum tensile strength that is required of the cement for a single post lift?

Looks awesome by the way. Nice garage but clearly you have room for more Vipers, Gen 5 in your future?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're Go-Jacks. Just look around for the best price. For the Viper, the 4500 or the 6200 models are the only ones I know that would work becuase of the width of the tires. The models also represent TOTAL weight that can be put on all 4. I like the 4500 better with dual rollers and they are usually a little cheaper as well.

Like TD said, they are GoJacks. They work great to move the cars around. Mine are the 4500s...

http://javascript<strong></strong>:;http://www.zendextool.com/gojak/

What did you do to verify that the floor could take the load of a single post? Did you have to drill the cement to check thickness or did you know that already? Isn't there a minimum tensile strength that is required of the cement for a single post lift?

Looks awesome by the way. Nice garage but clearly you have room for more Vipers, Gen 5 in your future?

The Bendpak single post lift requires concrete to be 4 inch min. And 3000 PSI compression strength.
(Per website)
I poured my garage floor at 6 inchs deep and 5000 PSI. I added a 1/2 in. rebar grid on 18 in. centers.

Not sure about a Gen 5 right away.... I've added another car since the above photos....

:dunno:..........:rolaugh:

it's a terrible "sickness" and I hope they never find the cure....:D

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awsome pic.... High res available?????

Just about to buy my lift... Flush mount scissor lift..

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1 on the High res availablity
That is one nice garage/shop and one sick car collection you have. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://javascript<strong></strong>:;

those purple rollers at the bottom of the coupe.. what are they called and where can i get them? i been looking around for a little while and I must be searching the wrong names of it.

Whatever you do don't get the cheapie $100 ones unless you have chiropractor and hernia insurance. I took the casters apart and greased them and it helped a lot but still aren't as good as a quality set.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awsome pic.... High res available?????

Just about to buy my lift... Flush mount scissor lift..

+1 on the High res availablity
That is one nice garage/shop and one sick car collection you have. :2tu:

Thanks for the compliments...
Yes, I have hi-res photos on my pc at my office. I'll post it Monday.

Treesnake - would you purchase the Bendpak brand again? Are there clearance issues/concerns?

Yes, I would get another Bendpak single post. There are so many benefits to NOT having the second post.

Like i said, the only negative side is that they are primarily for storage only.

No, I don't really have any clearance issues.. I do use a 3 ft. 2x12 at the beginning of each ramp to make sure I don't somehow hit one of the splitters when loading on the lift. (The splitter on my TT car is 3.5 inches off the ground...)

Fwiw... It will take a little while to get accustomed to the car just sitting over your head. Even more unnerving when you can reach up over your head and rock the car 3-4 inches horizontally...:omg:

The only difference between the 110 and 220v is the 110 is slower to raise.

If you get one, send me a pm. I can pass on a couple "tricks" I learned...