SMOKED tail lights??

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The better option is to dilute the base and shoot over with the clear afterwards, makes for considerably more consistent and durable finish. Mixing tint with the clear is not the real pro way...

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the blacked out look on the tails and the rims. Blacker the better imho!
be careful with your local law enforcement, if they are desperate for funds, they will nail you at will. Also, technically speaking you are supposed to have a reflective surface on the tail lights, tinting the entire light will eliminate this part.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see some daytime pics with the brake pedal mashed. How much further back do I need to stay to give me ample time to spot and react to your dimmed brake lights?

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be careful with your local law enforcement, if they are desperate for funds, they will nail you at will. Also, technically speaking you are supposed to have a reflective surface on the tail lights, tinting the entire light will eliminate this part.

Cost of doing business I guess, besides its not like we cant afford a few tickets, if we can afford a viper. Well, speaking for myself anyway... lol

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did mine today
You must be registered for see images attach

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably just did a sanding job (especially judging by the runs underneath the lights).
You have to paint it, then sand it, then paint it then sand it, then rubbing compound, then polish, then wax. It's just like painting a car.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
towdowg, agreed. ummm...gonna say higher numbers on the sand paper for each sanding as well. Not directed at you tow, just breaking it down for billsea.. you might have to sand that out first to a clear lens, then paint the tint and follow towdowgs advice.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did mine today

Oh God how aweful, looks like you spray painted the lights and painted the car with a roller.

NTD929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards tint film for the headlights and tailights. anyone have pics with this?

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a set of rear tints from Bat and put them on my '01 GTS. I like the look and can always remove it if I change my mind. I also tinted my clear side markers with tint from Bat.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sanded them after painting cause I'm thinking about doing all of my car in matte blue. I didn't want the lights to look glossy.

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of the layovers for all my lights, but for the life of me, could not get them to go on worth a damn. I know people use them and if you put them on correctly, they look great. I just don't have the skills to put them on. Painting was much better for me.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
old car with tint film installed

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Blue Batmobile is still selling these?

I sent him a message a couple days ago and haven't gotten a response.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Blue Batmobile is still selling these?

I sent him a message a couple days ago and haven't gotten a response.
Yes, he is. That's what I have on my car. Due to my accident, I had to buy a set for the left rear of the car and it arrived last week. Have you tried emailing him? That's what I've been doing and he responds within a day or two.

Brass Monkey ACR E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHECK YOUR STATE M.V. LAW regarding TAILLIGHTS/REFLEXTIVE. It is a SAFTY ISSUE the tint/film/paint usually blocks the running and brake light visability. If the taillights/brakelights do not work or vehicle is parked on the street during night hours the obstruction on the taillights blocks the reflective material and can cause another vehicle to rearend your car. Your car do what you feel is right. If you are talking reverse lights please disregard this

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62