Snake Eyes headlight covers

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are other threads about the snake eyes where you haters can hate. This is a group buy thread....please keep your hate in those other threads so this one doesn't get convoluted with hater posts...Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with the graphic artist today and they are working on a design. No price has yet to be determined as of yet. Currently only have a pattern for an SRT, but I will have np finding doner cars locally to get other templates.

1. Can use White or transparent backround
2. They will be multi colored but based on the color of car so they will match
3. Not for use at night or High spped (+80 mph)
4. Durable cling material

More info to come. Hope to have a proto type in a week or so then will really gauge interest since Price may be a factor for some

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NP with the bashing, but this is a group by thread. Please stay on topic.

Bruce

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlknBlu - a good thing to try is to see if they have the equipment to print first a black dot then a solid white on the black then the 4 color on top of that.

This is what they do in printed window graphics that people can see out from behind the graphic so to speak. all the people see behind the graphic is an imperceptible black pattern, kind of like looking through blinds or a screen. If they do this, the the lights will shine through at night and will not "light up" the graphic and get the driver a ticket. It also allows a fair proportion of the print to be clear so the amount of headlight light let out is enough.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a MOC up for the neadlight covers for the SRT Vipers, I will get a template of a GENi and II as well. Not sure if these canbe done on clings due to the rounded surface. Let me know what you think and I will start a group but thread. I also need to check on cost.

Bruce

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they real good. If they can't be cling on then I guess what.... sticker?
In that case I'd be out. I wouldn't want it on forever... just for fun sometimes like going to a party or a car show or something.
Tell your friend nice work!

btw, the green looks the best! :D

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that is my thought too, they need to be removable. I am still working to make it happen.

Bruce

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a MOC up for the neadlight covers for the SRT Vipers, I will get a template of a GENi and II as well. Not sure if these canbe done on clings due to the rounded surface. Let me know what you think and I will start a group but thread. I also need to check on cost.

Bruce

Those are awesome! Hell of a lot nicer than my duct tape versions. LOL

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I don't care about the HATERS. There are a lot of Vipers out there with mods that I don't care for, but it's their car and they can do what they want with it as long as it makes them happy.

Me? I want to DO it. Please include me in the questions about cost, color, sticker/cling and so on. Having a Viper is about being different and I don't have any issues with someone not liking my choice of 'being different'. If I catch too much crap, I'll have a Dolphin painted on the hood and tell them that they should have minded their own business.:rolaugh:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I don't care about the HATERS. There are a lot of Vipers out there with mods that I don't care for, but it's their car and they can do what they want with it as long as it makes them happy.

Me? I want to DO it. Please include me in the questions about cost, color, sticker/cling and so on. Having a Viper is about being different and I don't have any issues with someone not liking my choice of 'being different'. If I catch too much crap, I'll have a Dolphin painted on the hood and tell them that they should have minded their own business.:rolaugh:

:usa: :lmao2: :usa:

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in! I agree it wouldn't be something used daily, but I could see popping them on for a photoshoot or a car show. The mock-ups look great IMHO

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any color is possible, these were just a few that were sent to me. Once i validate the materials (clings vs stickers) I will post up the price and start a new Group Thread post with a deadline.

Bruce

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,

You may want to look into a few different options,

first off in order to have the colors vibrant you will have to print on a white cling or sticker, you may want to experiment with a white sticker with a few holes cut in it that allow the light out so the headlights can be used, then after that alter the design so that the holes are where there is a natural black area in the artwork.

Also keep in mind the front turn signals need to be seen.

It is all fina and dandy if everyone says that "it is OK" and they "will take them off to drive" but if an accident happens and safety equip was blocked or altered and there is a blame game started, it is best to protect yourself

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the advice. Both options were mentioned and yes I will keep in mind light availability.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay,

We are meeting next week to see what is immediatly available and what long term needs to happen.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke with the Vendor today on the covers. They do not have a removable solution unless actual plastic headlight covers are used and then place the material behind it for durability. So for now it is either permenant or a throw away version. Not sure if there is enough interest to move forward if they cannot be removed and put back on. Unless we have a molded plastic vendor that can assist.

thoughts

Bruce

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it because the cling type material like the oil changers use would melt if you turned on your head lamps? :dunno:
I'd only use it at a car show or party during the day and remove before dark.
I guess I don't understand that stuff.

BTW, Thanks for your efforts in this Bruce.
Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang