1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snake oyl Trunk release anyone have it????

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by VIPER BAZ UK, May 28, 2007.

1. VIPER BAZ UK

VIPER BAZ UK Enthusiast

2. Supercharged Vipermad

Supercharged Vipermad Enthusiast

I installed one in my GTS. Button goes wherever you want it, there is a solenoid operated actuator that replaces the OEM actuator. You lose nothing...key works normally from outside....button works by pushing. NOT hard....but getting the wiring to the cubby is a PITA. Thats about it. :)

DEFINITE GOOD THING.....but expensive. I think I bought mine used for $99 somewhere.

3. VIPER BAZ UK

VIPER BAZ UK Enthusiast

Cheers Mate

Where did you take your live feed from?????

4. RAYSIR

RAYSIR Viper Owner

On the GTS you can get a live feed real easy under the left B pillar (by Driver side window) There is B+ and ground there for interior lights I believe. I used this for my Valentine 1 detector and also fused it there. (make a note in your book for fuse locate). Not sure if RT has wiring in the overhead but should be a loom heading to rear behind the seats or by the Amp.

5. PKH2552

PKH2552 Viper Owner

6. Supercharged Vipermad

Supercharged Vipermad Enthusiast

I had the interior out to install the Autoform rollbar so I ran the hot lead up to the lighter.....figuring there was hardly any load there. Thing is....it is hot all the time so you could, feasibly, pop the glass while driving (by accident, of course). :)

I'm sure you could wire it differently...or change the button to some spring-loaded toggle with a saftey cover.....etc....etc. :)

7. Eldon

Eldon Viper Owner