Snap-on scissor lift?

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using a scissor lift. It looks like a nice lift for brake work, detailing, etc. Don't have room for a 2 or 4 post lift and i'm getting tired of the floor jack, jack stands hassle. Just want to be able to easily raise the car 2 to 3' off the floor.

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got one, it can go as high as a 4 post lift. It's a wheel free lift, so very easy for brake work. It's also integrated in the floor, so no post are in the way of your garage.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My buddy uses one for his Snake. Very nice setup. What are they selling for these days? I would like to own one some day.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have used Snap-On midrise scissors lift for 5 years...am very happy with it for brakes, wheels, etc. Have also used it for putting on 5 Corsa cat-back systems...and routinely use it to change coolant (once hoses have been changed on my 4 post lift).

I will NOT work under it...though, in the past I have...but on said occasions, I added either 4 ton jackstands or four 16,500 lb. screw-jacks.

OP
OP
K

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They list for about 4,000 on the Snap-On website. Can be purchased for less from your local Snap-On salesman.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nussbaum (Germany) also makes one, which I purchased a few years ago. 4" down, 6'7" fully lifted, 7,000lbs capacity. Completely hidden under car and perfect for small garages with ceiling height.

Best tool purchase I've ever made.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Others may chime in, as there was another alternative to a scissor lift that looked a bit more stable. It was a "portable" drive up ramp style, but the name escapes me. I believe there was an option to allow you to service tires/brakes as well.

Kwiklift:

http://www.kwiklift.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960