Sneak Peek: *New* NY/CT VCA Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not gonna take sides in this one, but yes it would be nice if not proper form if the members were formally notified of a logo change along with approval from national if the rules state so.
Obviously the NY region feels quite strong about 9/11, some say life goes on and should be enjoyed as it is, others prefer to stick to keep the memory alive so that similar events will hopefully be prevented in the future. All I'm saying is, let's choose wisely.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had I ever realized your need for my attention Jon, I assure you I would have made far more effort to join you at club outings since my brief 5 year tenure as region president. No need to express the magnitude of how much I miss your sweet (not to mention refined and articulate) company too.

Having read your obviously well considered words, I realize the depth of my demise to the grasslands of the Mount Maureen. I can only hope for the compassion and mercy of the Long Island Viper Mutual Admiration Club (a sub region of NY/CT) members as I drive your highways and byways on weekends without calling attention to all the love and affection of the “family” in each and every post. Naturally, prior to the Oakland’s drive, I will beg forgiveness, shower all with self promotion and be relentlessly mindful of never, ever, alerting the Emperor on those rare occasions when he graces the public without his clothes.

I thank you for your (sadly deleted but much appreciated) kind words and hope you will reconsider my membership. I so wish to learn the power of gutter anachronisms.

Very well written and dripping with the condescension and snarky sarcasm that epitomized your five (only brief to you) years at the helm. Your cheap attack on Adrian's leadership quality only confirm what most everyone already knew, when it comes to backstabbing your in a class by yourself.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously the NY region feels quite strong about 9/11, some say life goes on and should be enjoyed as it is, others prefer to stick to keep the memory alive so that similar events will hopefully be prevented in the future. All I'm saying is, let's choose wisely.

For those of you that know me you know that I don't sugar coat pretty much anything. But I'll try my best to tone it down. There's no reason to take sides. The fact of the matter is that a new logo has been in the works since February, primarily for our merchandise sales that we're trying to resurrect from the dead. I think we're the only club that does an awful job of promoting merchandise to our membership over the years. We're incorporating the logo into the new website. After talking with Chuck and getting the history of the 911 logo yesterday, I felt it made sense to memorialize it on the new site.

Since we're on the topic of the 911 logo, I do have a problem with it. Actually, the problem is not with the logo. But I find it hypocritical, at best, that we promote a "911" logo for the victims of 911 but our club does not sponsor any events, donations, cruises, etc. related to 911. I can't even remember when the last cruise to 911 site in NYC was? 3/4 years ago with the NJ club? The very people that I spoke to yesterday accusing me of trying to destroy 911 (this is true, LOL) and were supposedly around when the logo came to be, couldn't even tell me when was the last time the club did anything to memorialize 911. Like some other things (merchandise, website for example)...the 911 logo, it's meaning and whatever passion went into creating died over the years. And, I find that sad because 911 should never be forgotten. If we're going to continue using this logo let's at least establish something that actually contributes to the 911 victims. I feel ashamed now that we have this logo, as if we're using it to promote our club, but the club isn't giving anything back for it's use. That's my perception and I'm not alone.

However, what's even sadder is how a few people in this club continue to urinate on the membership. Great examples right in this thread. They speak for themselves as well as their behavior behind the scenes. For whatever reason, these individuals, some not in this thread (yet), choose to undermine the progress this club has been making over the last two years. For what reason...remains a mystery.

But consider this: What's their motivation? LOL. Consider also, that one poster here who believes "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all." not only chooses to ignore his own advice but somehow cannot muster the intestinal fortitude to pick up the phone, call any officer of this club and express his/her concerns in a reasonable manner. Rather, they choose to come here, fire first and ask questions later. Or worse, work behind the scenes to discredit some of the good work this club is doing. Yet, somehow they can't figure out how to pick up a phone and make a phone call.

I do apologize to our members, not for the new site, not for the logo or any attempt to move this club upward and onward but for the few misguided, ill-intentioned, disgruntled individuals that choose to rain on the members' parade. I will not acknowledge these desperate attempts for attention any further here. You have a phone, you know how to use it, everyone in this club is approachable. True leadership requires the ability to resolve conflict, taking the high road while putting aside truly petty differences and (in this case) doing what's best for the club. It's one thing to preach leadership, but it's another ballgame to actually follow through on it.

As for this thread, it has clearly taken a turn in the wrong direction. Thread closed.
Tony

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21