Sneak Peek: *New* NY/CT VCA Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT VCA Members,

You've spoken and we listened to you. :D Your insatiable thirst for more club activities, more events and more excitement has spilled over to our club website! We've been working on a little something and wanted to share a peek of our new club site which will launch shortly. :cool:

Peek1.jpg

For Adrian, a fully-functional, self-service (i.e. so easy Adrian can now maintain the events himself :lmao:):
Peek2.jpg

For Jimmy, a fully-functional image gallery:):
Peek3.jpg

More details coming soon. :dance:
Tony
NY/CT VCA Club Secretary

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like, I like!!!! Cool! A real web site that's interactive! Can I bulk upload pics and vids? Can I huh huh? The calendar part looks great too! :headbang:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like, I like!!!! Cool! A real web site that's interactive! Can I bulk upload pics and vids? Can I huh huh? The calendar part looks great too! :headbang:

Helllllllll Yeahhhhhhh, Jimmy once we get everything working the way we like we will be calling on you , Chazz, and Ed to put up more recent photos and videos :headbang:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope your saving our 911 NY/CT VCA Logo! When and where are you placing it on the new site? After all we are the ONLY Region that is authorized to use this Logo for honoring the victims of 911! :usa:

And on the new site are you transferring all of the past event photos back to 2003?

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope your saving our 911 NY/CT VCA Logo! When and where are you placing it on the new site? After all we are the ONLY Region that is authorized to use this Logo for honoring the victims of 911! :usa:

And on the new site are you transferring all of the past event photos back to 2003?

I wasn't planning on using this logo, we have a new logo for the site which is on the home page of what I posted. But I don't see why we can't incorporate the old logo somewhere on the site. Run it by the officers. Although, using the 911 logo seems odd as our club doesn't do anything specifically for the 911 victims. In fact, this is the very first time in my 5 years with the club that it's been referred to as "911" logo. Who actually authorized us to use this logo?

As for the photos, they'll all be transferred over in due time but we're focusing on getting the most recent event photos up and then moving everything else over.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking site you got going there guys!

That is a lot of work! Way to go on the design.

Do I see an add Banner as well?

Yes, there's an ad banner. HOWEVER, this is not going to be an ad-littered spam site...no viagara ads. We needed to find a way to incorporate our regional club sponsors such as Partsrack, NARRA, Adam's Quality Wires, Tator's, etc. on our site. You'll also notice a Sponsor page that will be dedicated to them as well. The forums link is simply a link back to the VCA site as we have today.

In the near future, there will have a link to our new electronic club newsletter...:)...lot's of exciting stuff coming our way. :2tu:

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking site you got going there guys!

That is a lot of work! Way to go on the design.

Do I see an add Banner as well?

WOT, thank you for the kind words and yes you do see a ad banner as many people help our club/members with nice raffle prizes...:2tu:

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't one think that if the "club" was going to change the logo,, they would ask the members ?? I think it would be a slap in the face if they didn't. redesign and up-grade the site , great , bury our "logo" on some back page, makes it some thing else, not a logo. sin-ful

:usa::usa::usa:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In anycase it sounds like the clubs up there do alot more than the Viper club down here. I can't remember the last time they did anything siginificant. Although a few of them did show up to Viper Days out at MSR, but most didn't run.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In anycase it sounds like the clubs up there do alot more than the Viper club down here. I can't remember the last time they did anything siginificant. Although a few of them did show up to Viper Days out at MSR, but most didn't run.

GB66GTH, come on join us we try to do something every weekend if you ever in town feel free to come and hang with us.....You can ride with me :2tu: wait untill you see the finish product

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't one think that if the "club" was going to change the logo,, they would ask the members ?? I think it would be a slap in the face if they didn't. redesign and up-grade the site , great , bury our "logo" on some back page, makes it some thing else, not a logo. sin-ful
:usa::usa::usa:

John,

Before you get your shorts up in a ***, calm down. Nobody is slapping the members around. I take offense to that statement. Your officers and directors met earlier in the year and decided it was time for a new website. Let's face it, the current website is old, tired and mostly abandoned. It's long overdue for an overhaul.

Additionally, we also felt it was time for a new logo that reflects where the club is and where it's going without forgetting where we've been. And yes, the members have spoken so to insinuate that any of your officers are "sinful" is a slap in our faces, rhetoric and unjustified.

I spoke with Chuck, shortly before your post, coincidentally, and we agreed we'd find a way to incorporate the current logo into the site. I suggested that we have a dedicated page on the logo, it's relavance to 911 and how it came to be through the club, as well as incorporate it into various areas of the site, not hidden. In fact, I even asked Chuck to get the original high-res image file for the logo so we can make this happen. So contrary to what you believe to be the case, we are not burying the logo "on some back page".

If you want to talk more about this, please feel free to call me or give me a time when it's best to reach you and I'll answer any questions you have on the matter or perhaps ideas we can use for the new site.

Tony Perugini
NY/CT VCA Club Secretary

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Before you get your shorts up in a ***, calm down. Nobody is slapping the members around. I take offense to that statement. Your officers and directors met earlier in the year and decided it was time for a new website. Let's face it, the current website is old, tired and mostly abandoned. It's long overdue for an overhaul.

Additionally, we also felt it was time for a new logo that reflects where the club is and where it's going without forgetting where we've been. And yes, the members have spoken so to insinuate that any of your officers are "sinful" is a slap in our faces, rhetoric and unjustified.

I spoke with Chuck, shortly before your post, coincidentally, and we agreed we'd find a way to incorporate the current logo into the site. I suggested that we have a dedicated page on the logo, it's relavance to 911 and how it came to be through the club, as well as incorporate it into various areas of the site, not hidden. In fact, I even asked Chuck to get the original high-res image file for the logo so we can make this happen. So contrary to what you believe to be the case, we are not burying the logo "on some back page".

If you want to talk more about this, please feel free to call me or give me a time when it's best to reach you and I'll answer any questions you have on the matter or perhaps ideas we can use for the new site.

Tony Perugini
NY/CT VCA Club Secretary

Tony, I was at that meeting, and if you read what i wrote, I agree with a "over haul" of the site. And what does you talking to chuck have to do with my opnion ? "I" think it would be better if we keep the original logo, instead of a "light house". And I am glad you incorperated the members thoughts and opnions, i missed that meeting. and the shorts are good, Thanks

:usa::usa:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GB66GTH, come on join us we try to do something every weekend if you ever in town feel free to come and hang with us.....You can ride with me :2tu: wait untill you see the finish product

Thanks *** BLK, you're the man! Truth of the matter is, I do get up to NYC quite often, I'm in the diamond business.
If I can schedule it right, I'll definitely take you up on the offer.

Stay Cool :2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks *** BLK, you're the man! Truth of the matter is, I do get up to NYC quite often, I'm in the diamond business.

Bring some diamond samples with you when you come to our events. :D Seriously, if you can make our events you are more than welcome to. We welcome our Viper Brothers/Sisters...even if they are from Texas. ;)

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new logo is staying the old logo is going and I'm not responding to this issue again.

Thank you NY/CT members who e-mail to say you love the new look and job well done.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look at our schedule of events coming up and if you're around we the NY/CT club welcome you also if my wife rides with me you can drive my other viper. My cell is 917-526-1440. Adrian

also I have a client who supply diamonds to someone famous and put their name on them but let me keep the focus on the new look of the site

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new logo is staying the old logo is going and I'm not responding to this issue again.

I actually like some of the new (preliminary) website work and I look forward to seeing and utilizing the finished product. A working calendar format for events is most welcome!

But this kind of dogmatic response is far beneath you Adrian. Is this the kind of "leadership" that you endorse? Sad to witness. Forums are all about "responding".

Region logos generally require national approval. Can't see why this new one would find resistence, but make sure (if you haven't already) to get consent.

Lot's of work went into the 9/11 logo. Would be nice to see it memorialized in some manner.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also look for the new shirts , caps , and etc with the new image trying to have them by the Oaklands brunch a thanks to all of you who participate in our events. NY/CT you are one hell of a group

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But this kind of dogmatic response is far beneath you Adrian. Is this the kind of "leadership" that you endorse? Sad to witness. Forums are all about "responding".

Scott...choose your words wisely. Your statement above is akin to the *** calling the kettle black my friend.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like some of the new (preliminary) website work and I look forward to seeing and utilizing the finished product. A working calendar format for events is most welcome!

Region logos generally require national approval. Can't see why this new one would find resistence, but make sure (if you haven't already) to get consent.

Lot's of work went into the 9/11 logo. Would be nice to see it memorialized in some manner.

Post deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.