So I met some Tuners

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a Viper owner yet, but I remember reading about the Somerville meet a couple years back when I had my Mini Cooper S and debating whether or not I should show up since I didn't have a Viper.

But I did, and I parked the Mini far away from the Vipers and just walked around and looked at the Vipers with my jaw dropped. I talked to the owners, told them I wasn't yet an owner, but I've loved the car since I was a kid so I felt it was right to come out and show my support.

The quote that still sticks in my mind: "Hey man, we were all Viper-less at some point in our lives." It really put things in perspective for me, and it was nice to have verification that Viper owners are nice guys.

I've always vowed when I get mine to not act like a total dick towards anyone because, as mentioned above, we were all there as onlookers and dreamers at some point.

Nice to see the younger generation well represented for a change too.:D We get a bad rap from a lot of really stupid ricer punks most of the time

You do tend to show up again this year right?:2tu:

Were in Jersey, don't forget there are still plenty of ********* and bad seeds out there that make the import scene look really bad and take away from those that just want to have good solid fun, though I run three different scenes (exotic, import and muscle) there are many that don't care what you have as long as you have interest in cars. Some of the best groups I've been with have been Viper, Formula D and Subaru.

I was at a car show Sunday and this complete tool bag was drifting in 'his" 300ZX in the wet parking lot full of parked cars. Needless to say many were pissed and we kicked him out. 10 minutes later we hear this tool drifting again leaving the parking lot all ticked off and he slammed his car into a Subaru coming in. When the cops came they found no license on the guy.:mad:

--RS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a customer with either a turbo Talon or Eclipse. He put the engine together with a little help from his friends. Even though he will eventually hand grenade the engine with too much boost, ...
Not necessarily. Allow me to **** the 4G63 engine platform if I may: check out Brent rau's 80+ psi of boost @ 11,000 rpm Talon that runs high mid 6s at just shy of 200 mph with its 1,400 hp. And that is a stock block folks. Now if your customer runs it lean, that is a different story (with a sad ending).

!Shotaz

Last edited: