So looks like I,m going to replace my clutch.

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I have to replace my slave, i'm going to change the whole clutch. Here is what I got out of the searches. Go with a stock clutch LUK, a light weight flywheel (still not sure about which kind). Change the slave, pilot and throw (spell?) bearings. I'm going to call John B in the Am. Anything else I should do? Thanks Steve.

OP
OP
S

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those of you who ordered a Luk Clutch of Ebay, did you use Drivetrain out of Las Vegas? Did everything in the kit fit,(ie. bearings)?

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did. Everything fit except of course the alignment tool. As per everyone else, I just eyeballed it while holding the tool as near to center as possible when tightening the pressure plate bolts. Otherwise, the pilot bearing and throwout bearing that comes with it worked fine. LUK clutch kit part no. 05-088. Good luck!

For those of you who ordered a Luk Clutch of Ebay, did you use Drivetrain out of Las Vegas? Did everything in the kit fit,(ie. bearings)?

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word to the wise.... go ahead and do the clutch Master Cylinder too. It's not too expensive and good insurance. I replaced my slave... and the master soon went out, and I have heard of this happening to others as well. The pilot bearing comes with the slave cylinder if you get this one. I have bought 2 from this same place for both my Vipers with no problems.

$155.00 - Clutch City Online - ebay link
Internal Clutch Slave Cylinder: 1992-04 Dodge Viper:eBay Motors (item 350233963937 end time Jan-26-10 14:21:44 PST)

OP
OP
S

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey red Snake that was a good find. I was not able to do that well. I think I gave 297 with free shipping.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only other thing I can think of would be a short shifter, if you dont already have one, and some soap/water with plenty of rags. Ya can get a good cleaning while you are under there pulling everything apart.

:usa:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LUK clutch kit I got only had the bronze bushing for the pilot bearing (bushing)...so I left the OEM roller bearing in place. I guess a new roller bearing is under $20.00 at NAPA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456