So Now That gen 5 is out do you still choose it over?

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

So now that the 2013 viper is unveil do you still choose it over the volado car

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As other have said on other threads, the answer to this will depend on whether you like the looks of the gen3/4 over the looks of the gts. Personally and assuming interior, frame stiffness, gearing, power, weight and performance is the same I'd prefer the volado design or even something better, wider and more agressive looking like a street serpent based from the volado design.

Having said that I think SRT did an amazing job with the gen5. Regardless of what us gen3/4 guys have to say the gts is currently the most popular viper design among viper fans and we better have great respect towards it as without the gts the gen3/4 would have never existed and the volado design which is inspired on those viper generations would have never been created.

I believe the reason why the gts design is so popular right now is because the generation that can currently afford the gen5 probably grow dreaming on having a gts. May be 10 years from now guys that grow dreaming of owning a gen3/4 will demand a design based on those generations. And I think that if SRT does a very improved version of the gen4 when creating a gen6 they would hit a home run.

I'll conclude by saying that I really like the new car.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never cared for the Volado design, so yes I prefer the Gen V actual car over the Volado.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Volado concept is still better looking in my opinion and would have been a better evolution of the GTS imho. It screams exotic, supercar and looks sinister from all angles...Except the wheels lol. But Im starting to fall for the Gen V the more videos I see. Cant wait to see it in person tomorrow.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Voldao would never make it to production looking exactly like that picture. The Gen V actually looks lower and sleeker than the Volado which has visual proportions that seem a bit chunky in comparison. The Gen V looks just as good if not better and it retains more of the original Viper DNA.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, they are close enough.

I know that may sound ignorant, but of all the guesses and concepts out there, Volado almost nailed it. The car from the side is nearly identical. The only significant difference I see is how the vents are cut into the door. Volado used a sweeping curve design and SRT stuck with a GTS design for the most part. The tail is a bit different, but that is a tricky aero dynamic feature that is probably not efficient on Volado's part. I can't see how Volardo's door would actually work or be cost effective to build.

So put me down for close enough. SRT did a great job.... and I'm a Gen IV guy!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would choose the GEN V over the Volado design any day of the week. I never cared for it. It just wasn't a Viper to me.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that the 2013 viper is unveil do you still choose it over the volado car

Jeez !!! You are asking us if we would take one super model over another, except that we can't have one and we can have the other, and she will play our game any time we want (if we have enough money.)

The difference between the concept car and the real one is subtle and mostly about color and lighting. Some other thread's OP swapped opinions just by changing the color of the car.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Volado is pretty cool, but it has too much going on. The GEN V is a great blend of old and new with a Euro flair.

Bruce