So soon after buying my Viper, I've decided to sell it. '99 GTS

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So soon after buying my Viper, I\'ve decided to sell it. \'99 GTS

It's quite a long story, but after having my Viper for just over a month, I've decided that I made the wrong decision for my family when I bought it. I debated for months and months on whether to buy it, and I think I did the wrong thing. Below is the link to the ad I posted on Ebay, where the car is currently listed, but not generating a ton of responses. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm looking to get $43,250 out of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Dodge-Viper-GTS-Documented-servicing-Beautiful_W0QQitemZ200014156742QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: So soon after buying my Viper, I\'ve decided to sell it. \'99 GTS

if you sell your ride & are interested in doing some road racing i have a 1998 Neon, built to world challange specs for sale>

V

venms96

Just wanted to say that your Ebay narrative is well written and at least you can spell correctly ! Nice job writing that up.

I can tell you got into something a little too quick, you miss the Cobra a lot and things didn't turn out like you wanted them to. No big deal, it's just a car, yea-special cars, but they are all just cars. Some we keep longer than others. And some will take longer to sell, be patient with this one, Black/Cognac is rare, and someone will want that car. It's a nice one to buy and Mod/Race for someone interested in that avenue.

Good luck.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF !

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Miss my FFR too bro. Sometime I question just having this sit in the garage too, but the occasional outing remind me. Good luck. Probably see yo back over at the FFR froum one day.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sorry you have to depart with your new friend. I just bought mine about a month ago and told the seller I'd get rid of her (pointing at my wife) before this car. So far both of my women get along okay, as long as the one stays out in the garage.

As far as a less expensive road racer, the SRT-4 with a Mopar Stage III kit produces 355hp. Not too bad for a small, lightweight car that sells new for around $21k.

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Coming from this ********* forum of Viper lovers, this may be hard to believe, but I applaud your decision. Some things in life are more important than material objects. I'm sorry you have to sell your car, but happy for your sence of responsibility.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a year from now and id take it, lol

good luck with the sale and you wont regret your decision

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry the Viper didn't fit in with family life. Did you like it while you had it? Best of luck to you.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think that you priced it too low. You will get your money out of it. Seems at least 2 people are interested. 3 days left. Others will enter the battle as it winds down. Good luck. Nice car.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It ***** that you spent a lot of time thinking about buying one and then end up not being in the best interest for the family.

Hopefully it will sell and you will not have to sleep on the couch anymore. (Joking)

Good luck.

OP
OP
K

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

No question about it, I absolutely love the Viper. It's quite fast, handles great and has so many of the "comforts" that my Cobra didn't have. Plus it's gorgeous to boot. If I had a money tree in the backyard, the car would stay, no question about it. I do miss my Cobra, but I had no doubt in my mind that I had to sell that car, and don't regret that decision at all.

My wife has actually been extremely supportive. She supported me buying this car and is telling me that I should keep it. But I know how much she wants to decorate our house, that's what makes her happy. While I can certainly afford to keep the Viper, it'd be a big stretch to keep it AND spend the kind of money she wants on the house (plus we have a kid in daycare...some you guys probably know what I'm talking about...ouch). That was my big debate when I bought this. I just can't let myself be that selfish. I'll get something fun to play with for the street, and focus more on the Saturday night short track racing. 1/3 or 1/4 mile oval asphault tracks. Cheap and fun!

So for anyone who's reading this thinking about buying a Viper, don't be mislead by my post. I'm not selling it because I don't like the car, it costs too much money, or am otherwise unhappy with it. Quite to the contrary. I think it's an absolutely awesome car. I'm only selling it for personal family reasons....and frankly, if I don't get the money I'm looking for out of it, I'm keepin' it. I certainly don't have to sell it, so it's not impossible that I withdrawl it from the market.

Steve

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve....kudos. Showing your true colors, and your thought process is spot on. Your wife will be there for you thought thick and thin...the Viper's a car.

FWIW, I used to live in Pennsburg, and was in your area on Saturday. Went past the former homestead, and even took a wander through Zerns to buy bearclaws. (Now you know I'm not kidding.)

Hope it all works out.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

How come when I made a post about my car being for sale it was removed like 10 mins after I posted and it seems that some get to stay? Sorry to hijack the thread and its no fault to Klayfish but this is just wrong.

V

venms96

Coz you be from the Dirty South son !! Just kidding...

Saturday Night Short Track racing has to be fun, but any kind of "racing" isn't cheap !!

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF !

OP
OP
K

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

98GTS,
I was wondering if my post was breaking any rules or not. I certainly didn't mean to cause any issues. I had seen others post about it, but didn't follow the threads to see if they got yanked. If mine gets yanked, I'd have no problems with that.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

very nice write up on ebay. solid black is rare so it may surprise you & sell fast. but be prepaired to re-list the car for a few months. The best way to save a couple bucks on listing is to not use the reserve. start the bidding at the lowest possible $ you would take & have no reserve. ebay used to charge for a reserve, im not sure if that still applies. I sold most of my cars on ebay/autotrader.com & went through the same long process. Best of luck to you!

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Klayfish I think what you are doing is fine but I just don't understand why my post was removed and not yours. I think the VCA should have a section for free to let people know about cars for sale. This is a great way to get people that love vipers to see your car but I don't agree that they are not treating all of us the same. I do wish you the best of luck with your sale and hope that it works out for you.

And venms96, that must be the case, because they know how I role. LOL

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score

looks as though the THE ZEN MASTER ********** another viper dude.next thing ya know it will be the zen chapter 2 members he and roofum

Reaction score

I think the VCA should have a section for free to let people know about cars for sale.

They do!! It is called The Classifieds. FREE for all VCA Members...and THEN, after the FREE ad is entered, said VCA Member can come here and type a little "hey, I just listed my car in the Classifieds...here is the link.

Been working that way (for the most part) for years and years. :)

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks Tony, I just wanted to feel that everyone was treated the same, but this has not been the case. They have over looked this thread and deleted mine. If you need to have a VCA classified then that should be the case for all and if Klayfish does then I am in the wrong and I understand why they have not deleted this thread. I did check to see if he did but I guess it might just be in the process of being posted. I am trying to be as level headed about this but it should be the same for all. LIke I stated earlier I have no problem with Klayfish, he only did what I tried to do.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think that you priced it too low. You will get your money out of it. Seems at least 2 people are interested. 3 days left. Others will enter the battle as it winds down. Good luck. Nice car.

I sold the exact same car to a guy on this board with 6K miles on it for about the same price. I also bought the car with 4K on it for 45K. The congac interior kills the resale.

Reaction score

I see your point John. We are not 100% ALL the time, sorry about that. Typically, advertising is not allowed. Typically, most people (Viper Owners and VCA Members) are allowed to post a "heads-up" post in the Forums AFTER they have an ad in the Classifieds. Free for VCA Members, small fee for all others. All in an attempt to find that middle ground, that grey area...etc. I am sure Lee or someone is following up with Klayfish and asking him to put something in the Classifieds. If not, I will (NOT in a mean attempt to be an ASP....I can handle that on my own!! LOL!!!)

Again, typically we would NOT remove a post like this, ask via e-mail for the poster to either put something in the Classifieds (at which time I would come back and help add a link)....or we would have to remove the thread.

A delicate balance, and NOT always accurate or perfect. I apologize if you were not afforded the courtesy of that which I describe above! :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said, and 98GTS you are right. I have been a little busy over the last several days with a minor surgical procedure AND explaining some stuff to folks. I should have notified Klayfish to put it in the classifieds or it would be deleted. New Rules, cause I missed it, Klayfish stick this thing in the classifieds or I have to pull it. 24 hours, sound fair?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's quite a long story, but after having my Viper for just over a month, I've decided that I made the wrong decision for my family when I bought it. I debated for months and months on whether to buy it, and I think I did the wrong thing. Below is the link to the ad I posted on Ebay, where the car is currently listed, but not generating a ton of responses. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm looking to get $43,250 out of it.

The car is a GREAT deal. I know it will meet your reserve on EBAY. A GTS Black/Cognac for $43,250 is a steal. Your mileage is higher than average for this type of car, but its less than 50k which still will make atleast 1/2 the buyers out there interested. Best of luck to you. :headbang:

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys. I do really love the VCA and I wish only the best to Klayfish in selling his car and I do feel badly for bringing this up in his thread. If it was up to me I would leave this thread up for him for all the hassle I have caused.

Lee00blacksilverGTS I hope that you are doing well and I know that you try very hard to keep this forum fair. I will settle down now. :) Thanks

OP
OP
K

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lee00,
If I knew how to pull it myself, I would. I was going to get an ad, but then like I mentioned, I had seen a few others post here, so I thought it was OK. I apologize and certainly didn't mean to violate any rules. So go ahead and pull it, I have no objections. If it doesn't sell on Ebay, I'll write up an ad and post it in the classifieds.

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960