So you bring your Viper, would you want to...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive a Nextel Cup (NASCAR) car around a major speedway? We are finalizing some of our Southwest Zone Rendezvous plans at the Kansas Speedway this June. Those plans include getting Viper owners & their guests inside these cars:

You must be registered for see images

Our thoughts are to give everybody a shot at a "ride along" for free or very darn close to it. The question then becomes whether people will want to buy very discounted "lap packages" where you drive these stock cars yourselves (no pace cars either). For example, if you could get a 10-lap package for $200 instead of $395, would you want to do it?

Many of our local members have said they would like to do it. We are trying to get a better feel for it and wondered what other folks thought generally. Of course we will offer drag racing Friday night (Vipers only) and all the autocross you can eat on Saturday (three different layouts). You will also get to drive your Viper on the Speedway itself during lunch on Saturday (two hours, broken into groups). So the question becomes: With all that Viper stuff going on, would you want to get a break and do some NASCAR driving while you are right there?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Chris

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wished I lived closer to Kansas, oustanding offer, would give my left you know what, and the money for this kind of chance... :laugh:

:( Wish our regional VCA President could do something like this in Virginia, North Carolina,or even Maryland. Weve got some awesome tracks around here, Including V.I.R.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will pass that comment on to the VA/MD pres. as I will be meeting with him within the next week regarding scheduling events this year. The only problem I see is that it would have to be a banked oval probably, not a road course, so besides Dover DE what tracks have we got in the midatlantic?

Chris, I'm guessing this is through the Richard Petty school? If so it is very worthwhile, I did it a few years back in Orlando.

The Maryland/Virgina club is working right now on also putting on a drag day with Jason Heffner.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a big Nascar fan and was a little skeptical when my wife got me a similar deal for my birthday. All I can say is DO IT! you will not be disappointed. Driving by yourself at 180+ on a high bank is incredible. I still prefer road racing but this is a must do.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TwinVipers.....We're going to talk to both MIR and Capitol, but the word is MIR is going to want 20k up front for a weekend day, so that seems a little undoable to say the least. We are going to go with Jasons suggestions, we are lucky to have someone like him locally.