So, you want a VOI 11 right?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmmm...........................faster than the ZR1 around Nurburgring. Don't think the King is dead , in fact with only a tiny sponsorship from VCA, some dedicated SRT Engineers, and a few days, the beast beat a month long, million dollar saga from GM, that only made it to second ( and then their times were only quantified by themselves and not independent , outside sources )

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like Ted, I'll go to wherever the next VOI is (and drive too). I think not repeating locations is a bad idea. I would go for St. Louis (we did this once already) or Texas (done that one too). Let's tie the location up soon, and let's NOT go when it's hot or high humidity!

Pre pay- I say $200 a person, and I'm willing to do it now!

One goody bag per couple is fine, as long as there is some way to buy extra trinkets. They could even be ordered (so no inventory problems for the VCA) and we would not have to try to carry (or ship) the stuff home!

Steve W. tried to set up a drive around the USA. I'm sure he still has the routes selected by many. I think it depends on where it starts, or if it starts everywhere all at once. I know I would only participate for about 1500 miles (then I would have to return the other 1500 miles back home).

Raffle cars- I think the most unique raffle car was the RT-10 ACR (owned by a guy in the WA Region I might add). While this years car would not be my choice of color, I still wanted to support my car club, and I purchased three tickets. (A GTS BLUE with WHITE STRIPES would have been my choice) I will continue to support my club.

Many Vendors have found the cost benefit ratio to be wrong for VOI's. I know a "local guy" that figured it out!

No ties or suits....Hawiian shirts---the way to go!

Just my $.02!~

PBR

When I win, silver will be fastest!:headbang:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will probably get roundly trashed, but how about something more inclusive --- an SRTOI (or some such name)?

Shoot away.

I still think that we should allow SRT owners to join the VCA in some aspect, at least the VIPER TRUCK. I think it would be great to have the added number of members and dues. Plus maybe we would gain some new viper owners;), how many events could another SRT owner go to before they would have to get a Viper:D

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beg to differ, Mr. President.

Speaking for myself, business is bad and I seem to be taking cash out of savings every month to continue my family's lifestyle. That being said, why can't we ask folks now to pony up a $100 deposit for a future event, especially of this magnitude? It's not something about which I'd claim to be knowledgeable, but why not make the attempt (or at least poll members to glean what's up). I'd suggest giving early depositors some kind of "patron" status that would include a serious discount on the final tally. For anyone that was determined to attend, the return on their $100 would FAR exceed any alternative possible return.

If there were 200 members willing to set aside $100, we'd have $20,000 of seed money. Would that suffice?

Not such a bad idea....lets say the event is, for example, 14 months away. Why not have members start paying their entry fee right now in installments, if they agree? Collect $100/month (or whatever they are willing to pay) starting right away and use it as a "down payment" for their entry fee. This would give a fair amount of seed money for VCA and may also attract more members to attend in this time of economic uncertainty - it might make it easier for members to spread the entry fee out over time and in turn help the VCA secure venues etc. Just a thought....

And I agree with Paul R. I think we only need one "goody bag" per car...UPS makes WAY too much money off of us when we get two goody bags!!

Last edited:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let's invade the FL keys?

They have a good track in Homestead and Key west is about 120 mile drive, cant get much more scenic than that. You also have South Beach. :eater:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it would be wishful thinking/daydreaming to get 1 or more of the celebrity Viper owners involved?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think that we should allow SRT owners to join the VCA in some aspect, at least the VIPER TRUCK. I think it would be great to have the added number of members and dues. Plus maybe we would gain some new viper owners;), how many events could another SRT owner go to before they would have to get a Viper:D

Disagree. I think the membership requirements should stay as-is. You weren't around back then, but when the NV region had associate members it turned in to a giant pain in the butt so the associate membership was scrapped.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh GOD... I just got a vision of Hulk meeting up with Chad (V10SpeedLuvr), the other McViper owner.... if the Hulkster will show his fun side those two are in for an instant tv series hit on Comedy Central.

Hulk Hogan is in FL get him to take out his McViper.

Don't invite his son, he's a wreckless A$$hole.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
416hh8.jpg

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's what I've been working on for the last couple of hours.

My wife is doing a much better one but you get the idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BC to Florida is over 4,000mi. and would take a week to get there. A central location would probably get the most attendence

But, Pacific Northwest has the Mountains!

Ted

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to see Seattle myself but if it rains like it did in Detoit its all your fault.

Ya' hear me? It's all your fault! EH! lol

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VCA should narrow it down to 10 cities or less fairly soon that way we can figure out a game plan.

I like Seattle South Florida (including the FL keys) and my crazy drive across America VOI

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Germany! We could just fly everyone over and have a head-to-head, back-to-back Viper ACR vs. ZR1 shootout on the Nürnburgring to settle everything once and for all :headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like Vancouver, seattle, Portland and drive across America.

Drive Across America we could visit Dave, Leslie and check out the Yellow Brick Road in Kansas?

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Germany! We could just fly everyone over and have a head-to-head, back-to-back Viper ACR vs. ZR1 shootout on the Nürnburgring to settle everything once and for all :headbang:

The SRT engineers floated across the "big pond" in a boat. Only the GM guys had the million required to send over a dozen cars in a chartered cargo plane and rent the Ring for 2 full days. SRT guys only got it for 3 runs. That's all it took. Overrevving and missing shifts still wins.

No need to "settle it" as IF the GM guys spend another few million and do manage a second or two faster, I'm sure the SRT guys will float over the pond and spend another couple hours while picking up a couple extra seconds with some better driving and probably raise the rev limit a bit.

I personally think GM would rather just have everyone forget about their embarrassment?

Since they decided to kick Nissan ASS they did a good thing. Now they can re-engineer the ZR1 with better aero stuff. As long as the SRT guys are kept from increasing the Viper's hp (you know they want to add another 50hp) the ZR1 could be King - for a little while?

Ted

Ted

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBQ at Dave's place.... lone star steak for me, please and BEER (no not bud light!)!:beer:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'm sure the SRT guys will float over the pond and spend another couple hours while picking up a couple extra seconds with some better driving and probably raise the rev limit a bit."

Someone better inform me if they do, if I can play crew/maintenance chief for a cab company I sure as something can handle just 2 ACR's!

"I personally think GM would rather just have everyone forget about their embarrassment?"

We can always rub it in some more can't we :D?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go back to my original thought that VOI X should be in Vegas. The more I think about it the more Vegas seems to be the perfect location. There really is no better place for a Viper gathering and its not that far for the northwesterners.