Sold the 05 and now looking for an ACR or a Gallardo.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. Well last night was sad. I sold my 05 yellow VCA #10 of 50. It went to a great home and will be babied for a long time. I had 2 great summers with the car and just like my 98 GTS was the most reliable car I have ever owned. It did not let me down once. I got the car from Paul Ronald and it was simply perfect in every way. When the fellow picked it up yesterday he could not believe how clean and perfect it was. I'm in the market again for either an ACR or a Gallardo. I've always loved the looks of a Gallardo and would love to own one just to see how they drive. A 6 speed is a must as Egear is basically an automatic and I have no interest plus the repairs can be insane on them. The other car I am interested in would be an 08 or 09 ACR. I have found a couple of great deals on them but like most I got spoiled by the recent 70G one that Cop Magnet had. I have found another one for 70G but it is stock. If I can find another deal like that or close I would take it or if anyone on here knows of a smoking deal on a Gallardo let me know. If you have an ACR that you are thinking of selling in the near future please PM me with the info. Im not in a hurry as our season is close to being done. Once October hits here it could snow any day..:(

Rizzo

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR...... If you want to see how a G drives go to Vegas and rent one. You may even check with some other Viper guys because they may have one as well. I don't know what it is with the G's and the Murci's but they are not for me after having a Viper. If I could have both I guess maybe, but dollar for dollar to the Viper.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell if you're going to go near 80K dig up another 6-7K and get a brand new off the showroom '09.
Still a few out there.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Gallardo you plan to purchase in the circa 70 thousand range will most likely require some extra thousands $ in upkeep. The cooling system heat loads will most likely have taken a toll on the rubber hose connectors;this coupled with clutch,driveline integrity could be a costly mix. Parts are quite expensive......

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Gallardo you plan to purchase in the circa 70 thousand range will most likely require some extra thousands $ in upkeep. The cooling system heat loads will most likely have taken a toll on the rubber hose connectors;this coupled with clutch,driveline integrity could be a costly mix. Parts are quite expensive......

I realize I will have to spend more for a Gallardo. A 70G Gallardo would be junk. I think 85G is more realistic for a G. I havent convinced myself on a Gallardo completely. I have a couple friends with them so I can drive one anytime. Ive been in a few of them and they are nice. I think the ACR would be a blast. As far as buying new the dealers in the US cant sell to Canadians and I was hoping to stick around 70G for an ACR. The new ones are close to 90G.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I realize I will have to spend more for a Gallardo. A 70G Gallardo would be junk. I think 85G is more realistic for a G. I havent convinced myself on a Gallardo completely. I have a couple friends with them so I can drive one anytime. Ive been in a few of them and they are nice. I think the ACR would be a blast. As far as buying new the dealers in the US cant sell to Canadians and I was hoping to stick around 70G for an ACR. The new ones are close to 90G.

Nice Choices..........
$85k for a L-G, or $90K for an ACR?! (less for used) and getting an export to Canada is really not that difficult.... the depreciation and upkeep on the Lambo will l be higher as well...

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rizzo;

Can they even service a Gallardo in Regina? Have to admit it has been 15 years since I lived outside of Saskatoon, but we had to go to Alberta for all our exotic fun and service. Times must be a changing? Must be that Saskatchewan Party in government. I cna't even afford to live back there now. Housing costs are insane.

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rizzo;

Can they even service a Gallardo in Regina? Have to admit it has been 15 years since I lived outside of Saskatoon, but we had to go to Alberta for all our exotic fun and service. Times must be a changing? Must be that Saskatchewan Party in government. I cna't even afford to live back there now. Housing costs are insane.

They can so some basic service on a Gallardo here but yes it would have to go to Calgary for anything major. Thats not too big of a problem as I am there almost every month anyway. Yes the economy is booming here in little old Sask. We have the best economy in Canada right now but with that comes the housing price increase also. I got lucky and built our home about 6 years ago and it has tripled in value since then. The housing market is crazy busy here and the prices continue to rise. I feel sorry for kids coming out of university now and looking for a home. $300,000.00 doesnt buy you anything decent anymore. Just to get in to a basic decent 3 bedroom home you're looking at $500,000.00 and 800G plus to get something nice. A million dollar home is nothing anymore.

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, where I live, a million dollar home can have vinyl siding on it........

Ya... but you can work at McDonalds and make $100,000.00 per year...LOL.. Your journeyman welders make $100,000.00 a day...HAHAHA.. Its crazy up there. Guys are spending $100.00 a night to park their RV's on someones lot.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's definitly a crazy place, especially when most of North America is slow. I bet there's nowhere in the US that pays 15 bucks an hour to start at McDonalds. Or 150 bucks an our for a welder and his truck. :D

I bet if I posted a pic of my 700,000 dollar house, a lot of guys here would laugh out loud.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
70g might buy you a Gallardo, but you'll need a engine lol

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawaiis the same way.. 600k gets you a decent 1800 square foot home in an alright neibrhood. Funny seeing vipers and lambos parked in front of houses that were im from in virginia would be 150k

twinlakesviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i sold my 06 paxton coupe for a 04 gallardo and love it. i have had it almost 2 years with no issues. these cars are not too expensive to service and are very reliable. oil change $180. they will need a clutch every 12k ($6k) egear or 6 speed, mine is a 6 speed. interior is all leather and suede not pleather and plastic. paint is beyond amazing. i have owned 4 vipers and loved every one of them but the lambo is entirely a different experience.allwheeldrive allows average drivers to get 100% out of a car unlike my 700rwhp srt

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i sold my 06 paxton coupe for a 04 gallardo and love it. i have had it almost 2 years with no issues. these cars are not too expensive to service and are very reliable. oil change $180. they will need a clutch every 12k ($6k) egear or 6 speed, mine is a 6 speed. interior is all leather and suede not pleather and plastic. paint is beyond amazing. i have owned 4 vipers and loved every one of them but the lambo is entirely a different experience.allwheeldrive allows average drivers to get 100% out of a car unlike my 700rwhp srt

ya. They sure catch your eye when you see them. I know I will grow tired of it like any car and then sell and get something else. I have about a 2 year attention span with cars. Then its time to try something else. I've done a lot of research on the Gallardo's and they can be reliable if they are taken care of and a LOT of the problems you read about are Egear problems which are very expensive to repair. I have no interest in an automatic anyway so Egear is out. Regardless a Gallardo for what I want to pay is hard to find and Im just as excited about an ACR so whichever deal pops up first will get my $$$$$. LOL.. :headbang:

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A good gallardo will cost 100K+.

I have both a superleggera (08 gallardo) and a track prepped viper.

For the street, the superleggera wins hands down. Paddle shifters are so fun, and the sound is AMAZING. It's such a fun car to drive.

I've tracked both.

At the track, the superleggera drives itself. Its AWD and has all the driving aids. You can easily trail brake the car and gas it on exit understeering right to the edge of the track using the throttle to control how far you end up pushing out.

The viper on the other hand gets your heart racing. You're always on edge not knowing if the back end is about to step out on you and you REALLY need to be careful with the throttle. Trail braking the viper is also no easy task. Trail braking the viper makes the back end feel like its on glass. It ends up feeling like you're driving a FWD car in the snow.

I love both cars very much. I would be happy to drive either on the street though. My viper when it was non-track prepped was fun on the streets as well.

The only downside with the viper is that it sounds like a UPS truck.

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good gallardo will cost 100K+.

I have both a superleggera (08 gallardo) and a track prepped viper.

For the street, the superleggera wins hands down. Paddle shifters are so fun, and the sound is AMAZING. It's such a fun car to drive.

I've tracked both.

At the track, the superleggera drives itself. Its AWD and has all the driving aids. You can easily trail brake the car and gas it on exit understeering right to the edge of the track using the throttle to control how far you end up pushing out.

The viper on the other hand gets your heart racing. You're always on edge not knowing if the back end is about to step out on you and you REALLY need to be careful with the throttle. Trail braking the viper is also no easy task. Trail braking the viper makes the back end feel like its on glass. It ends up feeling like you're driving a FWD car in the snow.

I love both cars very much. I would be happy to drive either on the street though. My viper when it was non-track prepped was fun on the streets as well.

The only downside with the viper is that it sounds like a UPS truck.

Ive driven the paddle shifters and hated them. Just personal preference. I love rowing gears and it just feels like you are so much more part of the driving experience. I have a found some 04 and 05 G's for well under 100G that were very good, well documented cars with owners that just needed to get rid of them. There are deals out there. I almost bought an 05 from a Lambo dealer for under $85,000.00. It was perfect spec wise except for the color which I wasnt excited about. If Im spending that much on a car I might as well get a color I like.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep us posted rizzo. Mine is yellow two and 500 rwhp and I have a hard time parting with it on a used 04 gallardo that will dyno 400 awhp. 85k is what my range was as well.

If i could afford the lp560 id trade up. But goin from a yellow srt at 500 rwhp to a stock 400 awhp gallardo dosent feel like a step up to me. Feels about even. Sure you get the hole im in a lambo status. But your also in the old slow first generation gallardo with regular opening doors that may not even have the see threw glass forthe engine and that vented engine cover crap and a mess of problems the first time you run it a little hard.

Id get the acr unless you can swing the lp560. Thats a totally differant animal.