Sold Viper

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently sold the 1994 Viper, Was a fun ride. Im back in to my old 34 plymouth coupe pro streeted. I thought I would never see that car again, But I got a phone call to see if I wanted it back. I traded the viper for the coupe. The wife is happy again, as she also missed the coupe. Was fun meeting some of you people in Pa region. A fellow from washington DC area now owns the Viper. The Coupe gets much more attention everywhere I go with it. The old girl is fully blowen 671 W/nitrous. 2 600 holleys built by BDS.It pumps out 520 HP, Franklin Quick change rear.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fully blowen 671 W/nitrous. 2 600 holleys built by BDS.It pumps out 520 HP

thats not very impressive at all. id say, its downright embarrassing to say it(hp wise)....LOL

OP
OP
V

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its impressive because its a small block DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lot more then a viper with 10 cyl.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its impressive because its a small block DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lot more then a viper with 10 cyl.

Not to nit pick, but is that 520hp to the wheels or flywheel?? Small block or not, 520 is low. How much underdriven is the blower?

OP
OP
V

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at the rear wheels without nitrous now if you guys wanna nit pick then lets go We shall run it qtr mile if you can go 10s then lets go I know this car will run 9.8 I know what my viper would do and not no 10 so basically shut up or put up. God so many babies in here now I know why I sold that Viper, LMAO goodbye and goodluck GEES

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at the rear wheels without nitrous now if you guys wanna nit pick then lets go We shall run it qtr mile if you can go 10s then lets go I know this car will run 9.8 I know what my viper would do and not no 10 so basically shut up or put up. God so many babies in here now I know why I sold that Viper, LMAO goodbye and goodluck GEES

What tires you running, what gear, what size shot, and how much does it weigh? I feel like I am on Pass Time :)

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gets more looks? IDK about that, probably because its busted down on the side of the road. 10 sec. 1/4's yeah, sure once or twice tops until you blow that belt of the blower or blow the motor. Not bad I guess for a car with a ton of wasted money invested that isn't worth pennies to most anyone. Oh yeah what about daily driving? Or MPG, or track? Oh nevermind your ignorance and arrogance forgets all. My wife would probably be a lot happier if I bought a Prius but it isn't going happen.... wait no she wouldn't, she actually likes real cars. As long as its what you want and your happy.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whys everybody jumping on this guys case? Let him be happy about owning his coupe. Who gives a Sh!* if he thinks the coupe gets more attention ect...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
viperv10, enjoy your Coupe...and, who knows, you may get a yearning for another Viper some day!!

Best of luck,

Steve

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not on his case, just trying to figure out how he is getting that coupe to run in the 9's with the HP figures he mentioned.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope! Not happening. Not with the numbers you are saying.

Here is the formula:
[SIZE=-2]MPH = 234 * (HP / Weight) ^ .3333
ET = 1353 / MPH

Your car would have to weigh approximately 2500 pounds and you would have to be a great driver.

Follow this link:
http://www.hotrodpitstop.com/tools.html#1

There is a 1/4 mile calculator on there, as well as other calculators. Calculate HP, ET's, MPH, more.

Enjoy your car. I am a hot-rod fan as well but many many bench racers think their car is much faster than it is. The track is very humbling. I know, been there done that (many many times)
[/SIZE]

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think he is full of s***, here is your chance to prove it.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope! Not happening. Not with the numbers you are saying.

Here is the formula:
[SIZE=-2]MPH = 234 * (HP / Weight) ^ .3333
ET = 1353 / MPH

Your car would have to weigh approximately 2500 pounds and you would have to be a great driver.

Follow this link:
http://www.hotrodpitstop.com/tools.html#1

There is a 1/4 mile calculator on there, as well as other calculators. Calculate HP, ET's, MPH, more.

Enjoy your car. I am a hot-rod fan as well but many many bench racers think their car is much faster than it is. The track is very humbling. I know, been there done that (many many times)
[/SIZE]

The missing link is the nitrous shot Mopar Steve. He never mentioned how much. If he's shooting 200 or more, I guess its possible but there are still a bunch of variables like you said. I know my GTS can run about 125mph in the 1/4, if he were closer maybe we would just see :)