Solid Yellow GTS - Need Wheel Ideas.....

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking for some wheel ideas for a solid yellow GTS. A friend of mine has some 20'' I-forged which look awesome, but I don't want to get the same look - it is bad enough that my car is the same color (sorry Steve).

You must be registered for see images attach

I know a lot of the BB guys go with black, but I almost feel that black wheels w/ chrome lips are unoriginal (no offense to anyone).

I was thinking of something like these, flat or matte black centers w/ gloss black lips. Then was thinking of doing a matte or flat black single stripe like the new ACR's have down the driver side..... thoughts?

I've done a search and have seen the ultimate wheel threads - (OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER)

Thanks in advance!

:2tu:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since the car is solid yellow you could pull of an anthracite wheel. Some say black with a yellow pinstripe is a little ricer-ish, but I don't know that it'd look bad. Carbon fiber, mebee? :D

DoDriven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black/Yellow Pinstripe gets my vote:

If you don't like that maybe Black/Yellow lip (not my taste, but definitely different):
You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like jason said maybe anthracite or graphite maybe ? I always wondered how that would look on a yellow car.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what to recommend off hand, but what I do know is that solid yellow car in the two photo's of the first post is a sharp looking car!!! :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please if you go with a big wheel invest in some big brakes. Big wheels with little brakes looks stupid. You will thank me someday.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black/Yellow Pinstripe gets my vote:

Didn't think of that.... I do like the black wheels with yellow pin stripe....

Black wheels with yellow lip is just TOO much for my taste.

like jason said maybe anthracite or graphite maybe ? I always wondered how that would look on a yellow car.

I thought about that, but I had gun metal grey rims on my silver vette and it looked "dirty" all the time.....

Please if you go with a big wheel invest in some big brakes. Big wheels with little brakes looks stupid. You will thank me someday.

I will definately be doing big brakes and 20'' wheels, but probably won't be able to do it all at once....

I don't know what to recommend off hand, but what I do know is that solid yellow car in the two photo's of the first post is a sharp looking car!!! :D

I thought you would like it... :D

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wheels are similar to those. BTW, can you post all of the pics of the two yellow Vipers if you have them. I remember seeing them awhile back but I can't find them anymore. I think one shot was near a barn.
Elvira_at_the_lake_032.JPG

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, can you post all of the pics of the two yellow Vipers if you have them. I remember seeing them awhile back but I can't find them anymore. I think one shot was near a barn.

If you give me your e-mail I can send them, I don't have time during the day to host them....

I may have a link to our local forum that I can dig up....

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
geez I agree with a lot of the guys above, that solid yellow Viper is sweeeet JUST the way it is.

I'd spend the $ on something else:).....like......BRAKES!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at Pirate Vipers 546 HRE wheels in the classifieds...They are stock sizes and look great...He owns my old yellow 01 GTS...Kevin

black pearl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
u can buy my rims they are 19s, i need 18s, mine look pretty good

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool another yellow owner I didn't know about. Invite sent for the Yellow Fever Social club.

I went with black oems to compliment my stripes. If I didn't have stripes I would have stayed with the stock color personally.

bumblebee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
geez I agree with a lot of the guys above, that solid yellow Viper is sweeeet JUST the way it is.

I'd spend the $ on something else:).....like......BRAKES!

hey Leslie..this is stepuptata from the corvetteforum. I do not get on here much. Just thought I would say Hi:D

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marco,
Did you pick up a Viper? Congrats!!!

Hey Burt,

What's up brother? Thanks again for everything you did with checking out the other car.... Not sure if I gave you an update via e-mail, but the seller was not flexible at all.

Yeah, bought a 2001 Yellow GTS w/ 7k miles, one owner... I'll make an official post once the car is delivered which may be a couple weeks :crazy2:

Here are a few pics....

Last edited: