Some new pics of my Viper and Z06

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Don't have any good single shots of just the Z06 yet, but here is a decent back drop for the Viper.

On a side note, even though the Z06 went [email protected] today, the Viper is still faster. Never had cool weather like this with the Viper, could have only imagined what it would have run. :D We all know how boost cars like cool weather.

Jason

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NIce pics... I almost bought the same color Z06 before I bought my yellow viper...

There is just something about the head lights on the Z06 that I just don't like...
The rest of the car is cool...

Anyway... Enjoy...

Joe

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't have any good single shots of just the Z06 yet, but here is a decent back drop for the Viper.

On a side note, even though the Z06 went [email protected] today, the Viper is still faster. Never had cool weather like this with the Viper, could have only imagined what it would have run. :D We all know how boost cars like cool weather.

Jason

Wicked --

Beautiful rides; does your Viper have sidewinder wheels? If so, would it be possible to post some side shots of the car in this thread?

/Rich

OP
OP
W

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely, I let my wife drive anything she wants. She's raced cars in the past, nothing as fast as these, only mid 12 cars. But she has a lot of respect for both cars, and that's really what it takes to not get in trouble. :)

Here is the only picture I have with a decent side shot on the Viper with the Sidewinders. I really like them, but if I had to do it over again, I would have went with polished. But the rim color matching the stripes is cool.

And no fighting between these too yet, but the Viper does give the Z06 an evil eye! :D

moeviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love them both. I used to own corvettes, now just proud owner of RT10, which I think is the sexiest roadster on the road. I agree about the lights of the vette. All lights should have been the same diameter and not so far back. The plastic cover should be smaller more streamlined. How awesome to own both and a slade....love the new slade.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely, I let my wife drive anything she wants. She's raced cars in the past, nothing as fast as these, only mid 12 cars. But she has a lot of respect for both cars, and that's really what it takes to not get in trouble. :)

Here is the only picture I have with a decent side shot on the Viper with the Sidewinders. I really like them, but if I had to do it over again, I would have went with polished. But the rim color matching the stripes is cool.

And no fighting between these too yet, but the Viper does give the Z06 an evil eye! :D

Wicked --

I guess I'm biased but I have a set of Sidewinder "blem" wheels like yours ready to mount on my Viper GTS Blue 08 when it arrives. I actually love the look of the non-polished wheels on your car. Less blingy.

/Rich

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense, but your Viper makes the Z06 look like crap. The Z06 might not look bad on its own but don't put it next to the Viper if and when you try to sell it. Thanks for the pics. They surely reaffirm just how much better looking a Viper is than a vette, although even I did not realize it was this extreme.

OP
OP
W

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No the Z06 isn't stock. It's not far from it though. Only mods are Headers, Cold Air Kit, Ported Intake & TB with a Tune. Car pulled 502rwhp 474rwt.

That's why when Wanted said 10's. I couldn't agree more. I know for a fact I'll be able to do it. Figure the 08 Vipers are going to have 30 more rwhp then my Z06, which will make up for the weight difference. Get a real good weather day and a well preped track and there you go. Would probably need drag radials to do it though. But you never know :)

As far as a comparison, it's really hard to do. They both have their positives and negatives. The Z06 overall is a better car, it's only real negative is that it's not a Viper. I also don't care for the seats in the Z06. Viper seats are WAY better. But even then, if my dealer had a freaking clue, I'd probably feel differently about the Viper.

After driving the Viper around for a weekend, if I get in the Z06 it's like nobody looks twice at the car. I mean come on, the Viper is just down right gorgeous. Simply one of the best looking cars made. Grabs a ton of attention. Also grabs a lot of negative attention, much like the wifes H2. It's people like that who really ruin it for others. Where the Z06 is ironically low key. People at the track can't even tell what it is and your average person thinks it's a $40,000 car. It's just not as in your face.

Jason

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost hate to admit it, but Corvettes are really gorgeous. Now, of course, Vipers are in a class all by themselves, w/ the Ford GT's, Ferrari's, etc when it comes to exotic-ness. The Viper is much more aggressive in stature, the Vette has cleaner lines, it is more "civilized" if you will....but I am just not that civilized of a person. I will deff buy a Vette for my wife, thats my excuse to be able to own one of each like you!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Funny, when I offered to buy my wife a new Vette for a track car, she didn't want it.

She, of course, wants to drive my new VOI 9 coupe on the track.....and she will next year when Viper Days comes back to the West Coast.

Dan

Dan

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score

As far as a comparison, it's really hard to do. They both have their positives and negatives. The Z06 overall is a better car, it's only real negative is that it's not a Viper.

Jason

Nah, you're just kidding right? I know the Vette has cruise control and active handling but... :rolaugh:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, you're just kidding right? I know the Vette has cruise control and active handling but... :rolaugh:
Yeah, I was wondering about that ill calculated statement, as well. Exactly what is the Z06 better at? Grocery duties? A minivan tops them both in that regard. As far as being a better car, that is complete nonsense. The corvette is built like crap and is one of the least reliable cars on the road. The paint job looks like a retard spray painted it with rustoleum and then shot a layer of clear over it. As far as quality of construction goes, there isn't any comparison. The corvette is a fast car built with half ass standards. The Viper is a fast car, built by hand with meticulous attention to detail.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My business partner (before I retired last year) has had nothing but problems with his Vette. It's been in the shop at least 20 times that I know of......lots of computer and electric difficulties......and the car is the worst rattle trap I have ever ridden in......the build quality *****! He drove my O5 Commemorative Edition about 6 blocks (with me along side of him!!), and he said"I want a Viper, this car is totally different than a Vette.......my car is JUNK!" I believe that says it all!!

OP
OP
W

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering about that ill calculated statement, as well. Exactly what is the Z06 better at? Grocery duties? A minivan tops them both in that regard. As far as being a better car, that is complete nonsense. The corvette is built like crap and is one of the least reliable cars on the road. The paint job looks like a retard spray painted it with rustoleum and then shot a layer of clear over it. As far as quality of construction goes, there isn't any comparison. The corvette is a fast car built with half ass standards. The Viper is a fast car, built by hand with meticulous attention to detail.

They asked for my opinion on the cars and I gave it. I never knock another car just to knock it as a few of you have done. I wasn't even going to post the pictures on here until I posted this up on the Corvette Forums. They have had nothing but nice things to say about our Vipers. One guy said if I posted it on here, the Z06 wouldn't get the same amount of respect. So I did because I didn't think it would happen and guess what? I was wrong.

Want to talk about Viper paint, we can do that. The orange peel is about the same as the Vett's, but there are dry spots and blotchy spots on the Viper in a couple areas. The paint in the Viper is way easier to chip then my Corvette. I purchased the car brand new and it already had a chip in the passener side quarter panel from a rock. (Driving to and from the dyno I'm guessing) My paint on my 06 C6 Convertible with 4k miles was better when I traded it in then the Vipers. Then we can talk about the stripes. Look real close and the stripes are not taped off that great. It's certainly not a crisp line that I'd expect from a $90,000 car.

I know all cars have their problems, but my Viper has been in the shop for over 60 days since I've owned in in February because they can't manage to fix it. Drivers side Window wont roll up correctly into the groove and the passenger side exhaust paint is flaking off. The dealer told me there is "nothing" they can do to fix my drivers side window after 3 attempts to fix it. If you look at the pictures above you can see the drivers window sticks out farther then the passenger side. Then they also told me they "don't know how to prevent the paint from flaking" when I took it in for the 3rd time Tuesday.

Then to the ones that want to make fun of the Corvette because it actually has options like cruise control etc.. I couldn't agree more, lets take the seat belts and air bags out of our cars because they are just weighing the car down. I drive my Z06 with the traction control on all the time, because I'm not racing around town. You never know if your taking a turn too fast and hit a patch of loose gravel or water, maybe it will come in handy.

It just kills me how some can be so blind that what they have is simply the best and there is nothing anybody can say or do, it's just how it is.

Jason

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rib a good buddy of mine who bought a C6 Z06 about a month ago because it is not a Viper, but even never having driven one I'd love to have the Corvette. No need to serious **** the Chevy (although slagging in fun IS required).

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Vettes before Vipers and in the last 13 yrs hav had 4 Vipers and 2 Vettes (C5 and C6) I love Vettes and currently have an XLR-V that is made at the Vette plant.

But, the fit , finish, quality of my Vipers has far exceeded the Vettes. Traditionally, the Viper paint was WAY better than Vettes, but sadly, I have to agree it is not what it once was. My 06 Coupe paint is not as good as my GTS. And, it DOES chip easily. It is sad that Dodge has let a car once known fo great paint diminish. All my Vettes has orange peel.

My XLR and XLR-V have been much better in quality, fit finish than my Vettes--hard to believe they are from the same plant. Big difference is Chevy is pumping out 40,000 Vettes a year and few XLRs.

I love the Z but I was at a car show yesterday parked next to a Z and it was as though it was invisable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte