Someone please make this for 2006-2010

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ends look funny, maybe this should have been a three piece spoiler, with longer ends and slightly overlapping the edge of the trunk?

I've seen earlier versions of this spoiler as a three piece attachment. Can just barely make it out here.

You must be registered for see images

I have to believe that for manufacturing standardization its best for a one piece, AND it would **** to scrape your elbows on the outboard pieces when putting stuff in your trunk.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen earlier versions of this spoiler as a three piece attachment. Can just barely make it out here.

I have to believe that for manufacturing standardization its best for a one piece, AND it would **** to scrape your elbows on the outboard pieces when putting stuff in your trunk.

The three piece deal doesn't looks too bad.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why one piece would be better? Last thing I would want on spoiler is to have edges that just hang there instead of being supported. If there is warpage in the piece, you will have some fun aligning it, along with quarter panels being even on both sides to keep the gap consistent. LOL at scraping your elbows though. I would think that chances of you poking yourself with one of the edges of the spoiler that sticks out while the trunk is open are considerably higher and more painful.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The three piece deal doesn't looks too bad.
If would look even better if the spoiler slightly ovrlapped the edge of the trunk and the quarter panels instead of just sitting on top, this way, you would not have to look at the gap between the spoiler and the top of the body panels.

F

FrgMstr

The body panel gaps there on the hatchback is going to make anything look like crap. Those gaps are SOOOOO big............... Went and looked at the Gen V in person and could stick my finger in there. Inexcusable.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me I have never been known for having high prices, though I would love to get $4800 for a spoiler, I could probably give a free set of wheels with every purchase at that price!

Lol...well its nice to know that you too, realize the absurdity of a $4800 dollar spoiler.

Reaction score
I have been talking with the Mopar guys about the cost of some of these things and I'm trying to get them to be more competitive with the aftermarket. They want to sell real Mopar parts to you so pricing will need to be realistic, I think they know that now so hang on a little longer and hopefully we can get them selling REAL Mopar parts as your option to knock off parts.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been talking with the Mopar guys about the cost of some of these things and I'm trying to get them to be more competitive with the aftermarket. They want to sell real Mopar parts to you so pricing will need to be realistic, I think they know that now so hang on a little longer and hopefully we can get them selling REAL Mopar parts as your option to knock off parts.
This has been going on for many years, why would it change now? Mopar lost a lot of money to aftermarket and doubtful this will ever change, not that Viper aftermarket is all that cheap either but still, considerably cheaper than truly insane Mopar pricing.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would certainly be nice to put on mopar parts at realistic prices. Thanks for the info Mark

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While everyone here does appreciate you talking to them, they should know this all too well. They are just price gouging the Viper buyers as they always have. The fact that parts from other cars that are identical to Viper parts that sell for substantially less when not ordered under the Viper part number is all the proof anyone needs. Let them keep shooting themselves in the foot with that tactic and the aftermarket will continue to thrive.

OP
OP
J

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No longer need this as I negotiated a trade for a '14 JCSRT8.

I will say with the exception of the big ACR wing, this thing is cool as hell. Gen III/IV have been criticized for too much lines and lack of curves. The way the spoiler is shaped, it could add a really cool flowing look to the rear end if executed right. And add downforce too!

A black car like mine would look wicked with one of these bare carbon spoilers and silver stripes to match painted on it.

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurry, the anticipation is killing me!

I actually considered busting out some foam and the hot wire cutter last night to see if i could fab one up myself!

Longdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unless the roof/hatch/rear bumper are designed to work with it, the benefit to handling will be none or worse

Subscribed this should be interesting.

So what's is the expected rear down force improvement from something like this. My guess is that it wouldn't quite replace the huge ACR wing. If that's the case adding ACR front canards and this rear spoiler might result on unbalanced front biased down force.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to just start build my own. As soon as i get caught up on all the sub boxes that i have been working on its spoiler time:drive:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to just start build my own. As soon as i get caught up on all the sub boxes that i have been working on its spoiler time:drive:
That should be interesting to see. And what enclosures are you building? Got pics?

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxes this week is a ported box for a 15" , one viper box, two boxes for a BMW and one for a ford ranger. The link is to photobucket album.
http://photobucket.com/albums/p7/billseast/sub boxes
You build a lot of boxes, LOL. I built my last box a few years ago, I did a fiberglass box, it was a 5 cu ft box in a 69 Camaro I built a system for. I think this orange car still floats on cardomain. Nice work, you are one busy guy.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You build a lot of boxes, LOL. I built my last box a few years ago, I did a fiberglass box, it was a 5 cu ft box in a 69 Camaro I built a system for. I think this orange car still floats on cardomain. Nice work, you are one busy guy.

Thanks! It has been more and more busy. I'm having a hard time keeping up with emails designs and builds at the same time. I like doing the fiberglass boxes the best.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth