Someone please post pictures of your Corsa Tips when COLD!!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please post pictures of their Corsa Track exhaust tips when cold? I want to take the pictures in as reference when I get the car tip's done again tomorrow! I can never tell how far they will expand etc. I want to get it perfect this time and I'm paying 65 bucks an hour to do it so pictures would help! Thanks in advance! Maybe even provide some measurements PLEASE!!

Ricky

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8326may05_0055.JPG

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice,
Is that with the car start and cold or after its been drivin around? I ask becuase that seems about where mine is but mine expands too far :(

DViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move it as forward as possible so it's centered when hot. If you center it cold it will look really stupid when driving.

corsa.jpg

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the other side hot, as you can see it sits deeper in the sill, not to crazy about that, but as you can see it is centered when hot

6724P1000848-med.jpg

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey my passenger side sits deeper in the sill as well!! Why does it do that?? My mechanic couldnt' figure out why!

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PAViper...is there anyway you can do me a big favor and measure the following for me (from the edge to the outside edge exactly where the arrows end) so inside of the exhaust just to where the side panel is about ot start!! much appreciated!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks DViper! Your picture was extremely small before. Now its a decent size that I can use as reference! Thanks agian.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with the passenger side exhaust not comeout out as far as the drivers side?

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with the passenger side exhaust not comeout out as far as the drivers side?
YES! Passenger side, just like PA Viper. I'm not trilled about that either. Same for you?

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes! I had the same problem. I put some spacers behind the rear hanger clamp and it solved the problem.

Just put mine on and noticed the same thing, am putting on some spacers today.
Have not measured yet, but guess that the pipe grows about 1/2 in when hot.
You would think that Corsa would have fixed the spacer prob.

Herc :usa:

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing for me and I'm getting spacers put in my cars at the mechanics shop as we speak! Just wiating for the exhaust to cool off so we can get it in there properly! I would think when you pay twice as much as every other exhaust they would give you detailed instructions on exactly where the tip goes and no spacing or any other kind of problems!

On the other hand with the random tech cats it sounds just MEAN! I was scared it wasn't going to be loud enough but its just amazing. I like it a lot with the top up windows up. Top down it starts to get loud. Sets off car alarms no problem!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone I have talked to abot the Corsas said that they have had issues with alignmnent especially on the passenger side....some folks have also had issues with them rotating and dropping down in the sill as well.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HATE this things install!!!!!!! I had to actaully cut apart of the random tech cats to get it to fit properly. In the process yesterday I burnt my side sill :( :( Its a red mark! Anyway of fixing this up? Anyone have any ideas? Anyways the install for the corsa along with the random tech cats took a total of 9 hours.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps it’s apples and oranges but here are pictures of the tips of my cheap, $550.00 Mopar Performance exhaust when cold. When hot, it expands back so that the tips are exactly in the center. Hope this helps.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the car out today after the install of Random Tech and
Corsa track, I don't like it, too loud and it does drone.
Loud is not that bad but it sounds like a truck and not
like the sound bite on Corsa's website. I either have to
fix/change them somehow or send them back. Vortex cone?
Has anyone sent back or exchanged with the Parts Rack?

Herc

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures up there with the measurements. I actually had to go a little further back then you with my tips! My entire thing seems to go out about a full 3/4ths of an inch so in order to get it centered I have it all the way towards the front of the car with a little bit of the chrome even covered by it. I didnt' want to take any chanes as my side sill was burned and changed color. Really pissed me off. I defenetly wouldn't recommend going with this install! Heres my post from the sill's. (I went with the Corsa thinking it will be direct bolt on no problems...it wasn't...Go with something else that actaully tells you where to have the tips etc. so your car isn't ruined.

post from other thread:

It didn't burn the sill through it just changed the color of it from black to RED! It looks like its glowing red! I didn't really want to yell and scream at the dealership since my brother works there. I defenetly won't be going back though. He did ask me where he should put the tips but I had no idea myself! I just told him to put it a 1/4 inch from the rocker in the front and that ended up burning the edge of my side sill!! Today I went back and they took 3 hours to make the tips perfect and align them etc. Then they made me pay for the 3 hours spent doing it. On top of that JON B from PART'S rack didn't tel me when I originally decided not to go with the cats that he is still goin got send me a Corsa with 3" fitment so I had the entire car undone and when the mechanic went to put the exhaust on it turns out to be too big! HORIBLE customer service in my opinion. Cost me a good chunk of change too!!!!! He then says that he shipped the exhaust BEFORE I told him to cancel the order well if that happened shoudln't he tell me that I still need the high flow cats to get it on there. And no reducers woudlnt' work unless I started to get some other custom work done and I bought a Corsa becuase of fitment etc. Anyways to make a long story short I had to pay for 2.5 hours of labor that day, 4 hours the day the cats were installed and 3 for today aligning the tips. Total cost to install a freaken corsa exahust with high flow cats $677. I feel like I jsut got my testicles handed to me in a jar :( . If I knew it would be this much hassle to do the tips, it would burn my side sill, etc I would have NEVER ordered the exhaust set up and kept my car stock instead. Watch out for anyone ordering htis etup. To make my tips in a perfect spot about 1/2 inch had to be cut on both sides off the random tech cats. So much for direct bolt on.

Furthermore, I had to put in spacers on the passenger side just to make sure it doesn't look like it didnt' get kicked in from one side! With spacers they are both in the perfect spot (right inside of the sill but far enough out that the exhaust fumes come straight out!

Final words...I went out for a drive with the Corsa and the Random Tech cats today. Its pretty annoying with the top down! Top up windows up is just PERFECT! Then again the noise can be controlled. I've driven around for about a total of 2 hours with the Corsa and Random Tech's they are really fun at the start and your taking it upto 5000 rpm just to scare the crap out of everyone for every shift you do BUT you can't use your cell phone anymore since all you hear is the exhaust etc. I noticed if your just crusing about 2000 rpm there isn't any drone and it quiets down enough to talk and have a proper conversation. If your driving hard like most Viper drivers are well then you will probalby want it a little bit quieter!

IF I was to do it all over again I'd do the Mopar exhaust at $550 figure out exactly where the tips etc are supposed to go before I could go (for example use 29OUTLAW's picture!!) and not get random techs done!

Ricky

ACMiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTRICKY ; What size spacers ar eyou guys putting on the passenger side exhaust?

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACMiller...unfortunately its raining like crazy over here so I can't get any shots of it when warm for you but I will try to as soon as it clears up! (give me an excuse to take the car out ;) )

With the spacers I think I only brought it out about 1/4th of an inch each spacer was 1/8th of an inch (just a regular washer). I originally had it 3/8ths of an inch out but then the tip was basically touching the sill and I didn't want to take another chance since its a ***** to take everything apart and move it around! I like where it sits now.

Pictures of it cold... (theres a small burn mark on the drivers side too...I feel this is all Corsa's fault. They should give directions on exactly where the hell the tips should sit. Compelte ******** on their part!)

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went as far forward as I could with the Corsa Track and
RT cats and the pax side still grows to the aft edge.
Will have to trim. Put the CCI 3 disk inserts in today
and what a difference, would highly recommend with this
setup.

Herc

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I finally took my Corsa Tracks out (after burning and chipping the sill "surrounds". I went with the B & B set up. No more problems.

I did like the tips better on the Corsas but go tired of dealing with the expansion / contraction issues.

Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I knew they expand etc. this much I would have avoided them as well...anyone know where I can host a file I want you guys to hear the sound....almost makes it all worth it!