Soon to be new owner

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just want to say HELLO!,
This board is a great source of info for people.
I found almost all of the questions to help me decide that THIS was the car for me (I think maybe the post about "being flashed" may have influenced my opinion... ;) )
Seriously, I was able to answer questions about prices, repairs, mods, events ect.
I bought a 2002 last Thursday from Florida (site unseen BTW :shocked: ) and am waiting on it's delivery to Texas.
Having just sold a Vette (Is that a bad word here?) and an 11 second SVT Lightning street truck; I wanted to merge the two into one superior ride so chose the RT-10 in Yellow :2tu:
I have a buddy that has two Vipers that have just kept me in AWE (not sure my wife is going to let me "hang out" with him after this...LOL).

After reading some of the threads and looking at signatures and pics of your cars, I have to say, I love them all....I don't think there was a single one that I have seen pictures of on this board that I would not be proud to have parked in the garage (beside mine ;) )

I was amazed (and very pleasantly surprised) that after reading some of the repair type threads, these cars seem to be very strong and don't seem to have some of the used car annoyances associated with repair work and service rates.

I expected the service on these to be worse than your average Porsche or even Vette(can I say that here?), being that it is perceived as somewhat of a "Super Car".
Guess you can tell I am pretty excited about getting mine! :laugh:

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rule number 1: must post pics

Rule number 2: see rule number 1

Congratulations, use caution when operating the go pedal!

Bill

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Another Yellow Fellow ! ...congrats ! As Wild Bill said be careful in the beginng, keep em straight while shifting past your Vette buddies. :2tu:

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i will be a new viper owner as well, hopefully by the end of the month.
i test drove one yesterday 2001 gts ACR for the first time and i was very disappointed. i didn't enjoy driving the car at all except for the attention it gets.
the only thing it has over the vette is the looks the vette wins everything alls !sorry!
i'm still going to buy it, as it will be a toy and a fourth car and would not drive it on a daily basis, the looks and attention it gets are outrageous and it is one step above from the crowd from the vette's mustang's and the rest.
i own a supercharged Z06 right now 550 rwhp and took the trip over in the vette drove 30 minutes to go see it, maybe thats what killed it for me. you can feal the difference right away jumping from one to another.
now when they where parked close to each other i would not even see my vette how bad a$$ that viper looks
this is just my opinion and experience
i love the looks of the viper :headbang:

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
i test drove one yesterday 2001 gts ACR for the first time and i was very disappointed. i didn't enjoy driving the car at all except for the attention it gets.

HKS you shouln't be disappointed...........keep your Vette and let someone else , eh enjoy the Snake :rolleyes:

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're saying that you feel a difference from your supercharged vette as compared to a stock Viper?

Gregnice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sat in a generation 1 car, and was shocked at how hard the seat was. It was not cozy. I believe the newer cars have comfier seats...
I owned a BMW called the M Coupe which drives much like a viper but much smaller. With a supercharger, it was quicker than a Generation 1 car I raced in New York. The Viper driver was shocked!

G

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're saying that you feel a difference from your supercharged vette as compared to a stock Viper?
not comparing power at all thats not the case, it was the driving experience that killed me

in these terms , the pillar was to close to my face , felt crowded, like i couldn't move inside , cheap ac , sorry radio , couldn't relax the leg after letting go of the clutch , torqui where? the thing has long a$$ gears ,look back and i see a wall behind the seats , go open the hood took both of us to open it , it just felt weird driving it ,running over bumps it was a ruff ride i just didn't enjoy it what can i say
drove it for like 10 minutes or so , and i wanted out.
but like i said i'm going to get one anyway because the looks are just incredible love the looks of the car no matter what you park next to it stands out and its a nice car
the vettes you see one or two in every corner they are becoming belly buttons like the mustangs where back in the early 90's
when you see a viper down the road its the king snake
not talking performance at all anything with money could be made to fly
just comparing the driving from one to the other,just being onest here no big deal
i plan on installing a procharger on the viper quikly

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not comparing power at all thats not the case, it was the driving experience that killed me

in these terms , the pillar was to close to my face , felt crowded, like i couldn't move inside , cheap ac , sorry radio , couldn't relax the leg after letting go of the clutch , torqui where? the thing has long a$$ gears ,look back and i see a wall behind the seats , go open the hood took both of us to open it , it just felt weird driving it ,running over bumps it was a ruff ride i just didn't enjoy it what can i say
but like i said i'm going to get one anyway because the looks are just incredible love the looks of the car no matter what you park next to it stands out and its a nice car
the vettes you see one or two in every corner they are becoming belly buttons like the mustangs where back in the early 90's
just comparing the driving from one to the other,just being onest here no big deal
i plan on installing a procharger on the viper quikly
I'm having a hard time deciding if your a troll or not. You bring up valid points that may bother you(borderline harsh comments). Then you praise the drop-dead looks of the Viper over and over again. I don't know guys is this guy a troll? :confused: p.s. The Viper is several steps above the Vette or Mustang. :D

OP
OP
W

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clear the air... "HKS"'s opinions and views ARE NOT mine!
I personally think Vipers are tops!
Then again, fact is, some people can not taste a difference between Crystal and Osti Spamonti(sp?).
For those people, it makes more sense that they drink; "their" drink.
No flames intended honest!...my wife can't tell the difference and personally doesn't like my new car choice...she doesn't have to drink from my cup then! (I assume then she won't be bugging me to drive it! LOL)

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding if your a troll or not. You bring up valid points that may bother you(borderline harsh comments). Then you praise the drop-dead looks of the Viper over and over again. I don't know guys is this guy a troll? p.s. The Viper is several steps above the Vette or Mustang.

like i said no big deal
several steps above the vette= yes by a couple of thousand buxs
the looks yes bad a$$ cant compare it to any other car
i buy and sell cars for a living so i get to compare everyday whats out there
i see you drive an H2 hummer i would never drive that box
i would drive an Escalade EXT on 24'S
and before i went to test drive the viper everybody i know that has had a viper or driven one said they didn't like it,
the guy i want to buy the viper from also has a new 04srt-10
viper in the garage, and he says he dont like the new srt-10 at all, his selling it.
so it falls down to if you can afford a bunch of toys like these have them, even if you dont like driving one more than the other

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You buy and sell cars for a living and you think Vettes and Vipers are that close? I do not know many former Vette owners who went back.
Once you have had filet mignon....

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mikey said
"You're saying that you feel a difference from your supercharged vette as compared to a stock Viper?
i plan on installing a procharger on the viper quikly "

Mike, how many girls did you see today in Vipers? How many in C5's? It's simple, the Viper is a race car developed so it could be licensed and driven on the street. The goal was a modern day Cobra, not a Mustang Cobra, get it? If you don't have the cajones for a race car that can be driven on the street why don't you give up the idea that you want speed and go for the girly comfort that is so obviously important. Race cars are uncomfortable, so stay with the imitation crap if comfort is your goal. Give up the Vette and get a Cadillac XLR. Hey, even BETTER ride and comfort than the C5.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...and before i went to test drive the viper everybody i know that has had a viper or driven one said they didn't like it
Sir, I don't know you, but I don't believe the above statement. There can't be more than just a handful of people in the entire U. S. that has driven a viper and does not like it and you say everybody you know that has had a viper or driven one doesn't like it? Man, what kind of people do you associate with? Again, I seriously question your statement above.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike-HKS.... Compare apples, drive a stock same year Vette and the same year stock Viper .... see how they compare with each other.

As far as your apple and orange comparison. If I drove my S/C Viper to test drive your S/C Vette, I am sure that after driving your slow Vette, it would feel like I was driving a Hugo. But I have 200 to 300 more hp and 400 to 500 torque than your Vette, I would have to take "no doze" to drive your Vette! My daily driver diesel truck has more torque than your Vette, it has 885 lbs of torque. I am not trying to be negative just stating the facts.

Cudaman :usa:

Wayne .... Enjoy the new toy.... sometime have the wife drive the Viper to her girlfriends house and see what she says when she gets back!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With a super charger in this car and a turbo in that car. Give me a break... I am pleased to learn the standard by which the stock viper is measured is that of a seriously modded (and yes forced air is serious) comparable.

Wayne, all this thread proves is that you have graduated to the big boys club. Welcome and congrats!

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman writes, "I would have to take No Doz to drive your Vette".
Man, that's some kind of great prose and true.
Hey, would any of you guys troll another site and trash another marque? Of course not. We Viper owners have too much class to do that.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman writes, "I would have to take No Doz to drive your Vette".
Man, that's some kind of great prose and true.
Hey, would any of you guys troll another site and trash another marque? Of course not. We Viper owners have too much class to do that.
No doubt, I've never had the urge to register on another site just to troll, there are too many other things in life to do..... Like drive the Viper!
:cool:
True, my stereo or A/C isn't as fancy as the Bose in a Vette, but geez, figure out your priorities man!
:rolleyes:
Wayne-Congrats on joining the RT/10 ranks!
:laugh:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical car salesman, doesn't have a freekin' clue!!!!!

It's a street-legal race-car you *****!!!!!!!!

Leave the viper alone, take yer "cushie" vette back to I-HOP...

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam, I don't even care if my car HAS a/c, a stereo, and a flippin' rear defroster.
The C6 is coming out w/an optional power top. How much will that add to performance?
It's getting so you can't tell the difference between a Vette and a Lexus SC430.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, hardly even use the A/C 'cept in July/August....
:)
What's a rear defroster? Does that keep your butt warm or something?!
;)
Easy to tell the Lexus from the 'Vette, the Lexus driver won't be the one wearing the gold chains!
:eek:

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy to tell the Lexus from the 'Vette, the Lexus driver won't be the one wearing the gold chains!
That's a classic. Statements like this are examples of why Sam is loved and respected by all on this site.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cudaman said
As far as your apple and orange comparison. If I drove my S/C Viper to test drive your S/C Vette, I am sure that after driving your slow Vette, it would feel like I was driving a Hugo. But I have 200 to 300 more hp and 400 to 500 torque than your Vette, I would have to take "no doze" to drive your Vette! My daily driver diesel truck has more torque than your Vette, it has 885 lbs of torque. I am not trying to be negative just stating the facts.

Sorry Mike.... You're a troll, and you're

You must be registered for see images attach

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go back to the Vette forum with the other old geezers trying to find their youth through a car that only trys to hang with a Viper. You say Vettes are better but you praise the Viper, you are a *****! Why is it all of the Vette owners ALWAYS wind up on this forum? I call it jealousy. I feel that when you sign up for this forum you must supply your vin# that way we can keep these dumba$$'s off this sight! Congrats on the purchase Wayne, welcome aboard.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, congratulations to the original poster on your new Viper.

Second, a C-5 Corvette is a terrific car. I leased a 98 Convertible, and loved it. Viper owners should stop bashing other brands as it diminishes us.

Third, either a Viper will call your name, or it won't. A Gen I (or Gen 1.5 in my case) is a difficult car to own. The top is at home, the windows are at home, the car runs hot, and its a pretty good idea to take a Skip Barber course to learn how to drive it. You have to be pretty ********* to enjoy a Gen I Viper.

So far, I've put 2700 miles on mine since February!!!

(o.k. I'm a Sneaky Pete addict, I'll admit it)

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike-HKS said:

well i will be a new viper owner as well, hopefully by the end of the month.
the only thing it has over the vette is the looks the vette wins everything alls !sorry!
i'm still going to buy it, as it will be a toy and a fourth car and would not drive it on a daily basis, the looks and attention it gets are outrageous and it is one step above from the crowd from the vette's mustang's and the rest.
i own a supercharged Z06 right now 550 rwhp and took the trip over in the vette drove 30 minutes to go see it, maybe thats what killed it for me. you can feal the difference right away jumping from one to another.
now when they where parked close to each other i would not even see my vette how bad a$$ that viper looks
this is just my opinion and experience
i love the looks of the viper :headbang:

The only Viper you are going to buy is a 1:18 burago model. You're just coming on this site to boast about your car. It's not the first time it's happened, people have grown used to it here.

I used to own a Yellow 2002 Z06, and my Viper does everything better. Let's see, the serpent holds the road better, handles better, much faster, etc etc...I could go on and on. The one advantage the Corvette had was fuel economy, I'll give it that.

Approx 80% of Viper owners are former Corvette owners, and >1% of Corvette owners are former Viper owners. I think that speaks volumes.

Wayne:

Congratulations on getting you Viper! I am sure you will love it, keep us informed :cool: