Spare Remote - Programing ...

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought one of these NEW 96 97 99 00 01 02 DODGE VIPER KEYLESS REMOTE KEYFOB on eBay.ca (item 370320529417 end time 13-Jun-10 13:26:50 EDT) and it looks like the real thing. Has the same FCC numbers and part number as my original.

Following Chuck Tator's instructions I turned on the ignition without starting the car, held the buttons on the old fob until the horn beeped and then held the buttons down on the new fob and nothing.

Put in a spare battery (I think is good) but nothing.

Emailed the seller and got... Hi

Thank you for contacting Keyless Entry Remote - Car Keyless Remotes Key Fob Remotes for Cars Trucks Minivans Replacement Car Auto Keyfobs New or Used customer service.

This remote has to be programmed by your local Dodge, Jeep or Chrysler dealer.

Please bring us some business!

Maybe you have friend or family members that need replacement keyless remotes for way less then a dealer price…
All of our remotes are tested before shipped and are guaranteed with money back guarantee

Spoke with them and they said I would have to pay to ship it back to them and they will then ship me another one.

Am I missing something here?

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most likely you need to have the fob programmed by the dealer , just like a chipped key . The dealer will charge an arm & leg for this few minute job though:( I need a spare key myself and the dealer wants $200 for a blank non chipped key that's available for as low as $16 online :rolleyes:
It sounds far fetched , try learning your new fob by pressing both fobs simultaniously like it can be done with TV remotes .

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can do it yourself on a gen 1 & gen 2. A club member just helped me do it on my 95 this past spring.

There's a guide on how to do it in the illustrated upgrades section.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron ,thanks for the info. Now I'm going to order an extra fob :2tu: Just called the local dealer ,they want $ 140 for a Fob plus programming .They're insane ,lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang