Spare Tire or Inflate Kit With 19/19 on a Lowered Gen 2

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to a 19/19 setup on my Gen 2 that, as you know, has the factory spare tire in the trunk. Also will be lowering a reasonable amount with coilovers and adding a BBK. Those that have gone the same route, do you have experience with the spare tire working out OK? Any jack point access issues with a lowered setup AND a flat tire? Thinking that the inflate kit would be the best way to go, and ditch the spare entirely. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of cars now depend on the combination of an inflator/sealant in combination with a cell phone to handle flats.

In Gen 1 and II there are some suggestions that the small space saver spare tire was designed to be kept in place for crash protection.

Since every lowered Viper has it's own jacking issues, you will most likely need to see for yourself if you can get your jack underneath your specific car to jack it up.

Good question.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, especially Ken's very informative adapter response. Kinda digging the NASCAR look the adapter achieves when installed. Think I'll go the inflator kit/cell phone route. As far as leaving the inflated spare in the back for crashworthiness, I sure would like a definitive answer. I doubt one could credit it as a safety device (for crash ratings) because its intended purpose is to be removed (to replace a flat tie).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62