Speakers Fried

Slamstadam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wasn't getting any lows from the stock system, so today I confirmed speakers are fried.

I'm ready to do an upgrade. Has anybody put together a nice upgrade and what did you use?

speakers, amp, head unit <$600-800

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best Buy, Crutchfield, or Tiger Direct have you tried these ? Good luck in your search for perfection.

OP
OP
S

Slamstadam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes thank you, I know of crutchfield etc.

What I wanted to know is brand names and models that fit well in a GTS without cutting or trimming. Online Car stereo lists 6.5"d as the correct size but previous posts describe a tough fit. My grills measure out at 5.5" so I'm not sure of where the dimensions come from, possibly the frame. I really want to leave no trace if someone wanted to put it back to stock in the future.

I also want a good sounding set up. Audio manufacturers tend to rise and fall in popularity and nearly every Mfr. claims superiority. It would be very helpful if someone has recently done an upgrade with excellent results. Sound and fit in my price category.

Also maybe someone has done speakers but kept the factory amp? if so does it sound ok?

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried a good set of door speakers with the factory Head unit and amp..Still sounded like crap...Pulled the amp and used a good Sony head unit and still needed more...Wound up doing an entire set up Head unit, Amp,components, and sub..Was a big task.. Ill see if i can dig up the thread.

I spent about
$290 on the 6.5 Components JL audio
$275 on the head unit Sony
$300 on a 5 channel Rockford Amp and install kit
$200 on the 6.5 sub woofer JL Audio

Took a good day to day and half to install properly.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJV...where in the hell have you been?

Omg this forum is run by a bunch of assholes..I posted a link to a thread from the other site and they deleted it.. The link was very helpful and full of information for the OP to utilize, and they delete it over some behind the scenes feud..Which proves they dont give a **** about their members, only their self serving EGOS... Im done here.. **** this site, and **** the A Holes that run it..

Last edited by a moderator:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally can't enjoy my stereo, the exhaust is too raucous. So I simply disconnected it.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no music, not even that wild bastard Ted Nugent, that's sounds better than my exhaust.

OP
OP
S

Slamstadam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The exhaust note from my Belanger is the primary reason I need more wattage. Im using the car for some spirited recreation, and some grand touring in the future. I also have two other open header, peace destroying vehicles that scare women and children and set off car alarms so my viper is for tranquility and comfort.

"My guitar will not gently weep" - Ted Nugent