Special Edition RAM SRT 4-Sale

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's take a Poll to see how many (if we had own the right to purchase and then actually purchased the Special Edition RAM SRT) would put it up for SALE! It is 1 of 49. . .

I would not have listed it for sale, on any form.

The have-nots -vs- the haves!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT 10 2004 - The color (blue) was known in advance. No surprises here.

Repeat of my post on the same topic.

I'm thinking that one of the best ways to slow down these quick sales for a profit would be to announce/post the names of the winners. That way we would know if one of our comrades were in effect screwing us to make a buck

Anyone actively trying to find a buyer, or worse yet, someone who only put their name into the hat for a profit opportunity are what I call profiteers and should be shot. Okay maybe not that bad but at least prevented from enjoying any future opportunity.

This is only 49 trucks. A little legwork and anyone could find out who registered the vehicles. I vote that the VCA check and disallow any profiteering individual from future opportunities.

This is much different than the Gen III purchase as from drawing to delivery was only a matter of weeks rather than the year plus for the Gen III. I can understand how the financial picture could change in a year or more, but in the time span for the truck purchase a significant financial change is much less probable.

My $0.02

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not have put it up for sale,because I really want one in that color.But I have no problem with a winner putting it up for sale,if thats what they choose to do.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion we all had the same chance to purchase one. After that who cares if they keep or sell it. That's their right.

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes - luck had everything to do with wining a VCA edition 1 of 49 Blue Ram SRT-10 trucks.

And some won and some lost. I lost. Boo-hoo.
So unless the contest restricted entiries to those who promised that they would never sell theiir truck they paid $50K USD cash for, then power to them - lady luck smile on them. good for them.

My understanding is that when I entered, It was only suggested that the these special editions should not re-sold on eBay etc...

If it were a real hard rule, then on purchase, and upon entry, you would agree to sign a 12, 24 month term restriction on re-sale. I have done this when i bought a 2002 BMW M3 - this re-sale restriction would have eliminated dealers or flippers.

However, the good old USA (and Canada if you care) is based on a simple concept, especially in financial circles: freedom of Market, which equals free supply and free demand - something that likely anyone who can afford the entry fee into the VCA is well aware of and and practices each day.

If a dealer was a VCA member , and won the option to buy a truck, then offered it up immediately for sale, i might have an issue, only because it might run contrary to the marketing interests of DC - ie create interest & excitement in the viper marque ...only because the point of the VCA contest raffle was to create a a special truck (blue with white stripes) but identical in every other way to a Red, Black, or silver Ram SRT-10.

So, why demonize someone who won fair and square? Are they also not allowed to addd pinspripes, repaint, drag run, autocross, or tow with vehicle - Its a free country isn't it?

If you are worried that due to these re-sellers (I am only aware of 1 example), that DC and the VCA will no longer offer these special versions/editions, give me a break! DC sold each and every one of the 49, and I for one would re-enter to get a rare colour combo for my own enjoyment (as long as I could).

Also, if the price were right, and since I didn't get the chance to buy 1 of the 50, I would certainly try to buy a re-sold VCA blue-white edition of the Ram SRT-10 - that truck absolutely rocks.

Freedom and Free markets and highway freedom!

V10 ICBM
2000 GTS, Corsa cat back, Ballanger Headers, Random tech metal cats, 4-wheel stop techs.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the free market theory since that is what I do for a living. And with no written rules, re-selling is fair game.

It is also a free market for the VCA to set the rules for such contests and placing aa hold period would, in my opinion, be a VERY good idea. The VCA vehicles are created for the benefit of the VCA and its members, and not for the benefit of the general public. Placing a hold period would also eliminate the "flippers" and those who REALLY want the vehicle would then have a better chance at it.

(I understand the current situation of the RAM for sale and that is fine. I am talking in general for the future and not pointing any fingers - after all I bought a raffle car and won the right to buy a RAM which I bought - I think I have a good handle on the situation). I would vote to put a hold period in place, not to stop people from making a profit, but to allow those who REALLY want the vehicle, to get a better chance at it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang