Speed Bleeders Rock!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! What the hell took me so long to get these? I wish I had never spent on the money on my Motive pressure bleeder.

I just installed my StopTech SS lines and put in the speed bleeders at the same time. These things are great and made flushing the old fluid and bleeding the brakes a breeze. Highly recommend these to anyone thinking about trying them.

Anybody want to buy a Motive set-up? lol

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will give you a crusty old hamburger from under the seat of my car for it...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't happy with them. I don't recall what it was about them but I took them off and went back to pulling the fluid out.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing you Chuck, you probably took them off because the spring and ball bearing added an extra .001 oz to each bleeder screw. That can't help with your times around the track!:rolaugh::lmao::omg::rolaugh:;)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed these 6 years ago and after several brake fluid changes they've held up well. I believe the thread sealant wears off over time and/or based on how frequent you bleed the brakes and the sealant has to be reapplied if it's worn. Other than this, they've worked well for me.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know the thread size on the Gen 4 ACRs for the speed bleeders? Want to get some without removing one to check the size.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even look for the SS version, but I'll live. lmcgrew79 has the correct part numbers there. Just ingonre the "SS" at the end for the non-stainless versions if you prefer. I had to call the manufacturer to confirm the numbers since their site only shows up to '02 Vipers, but the part number is still the same.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing you Chuck, you probably took them off because the spring and ball bearing added an extra .001 oz to each bleeder screw. That can't help with your times around the track!:rolaugh::lmao::omg::rolaugh:;)

Now I remember what it was. I thought they were a little bit too "nanny-ish."

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't happy with them. I don't recall what it was about them but I took them off and went back to pulling the fluid out.

I did too. I'm not sure if I overheated the things on the track but I think I cooked 2 of them as they wouldn't let any fluid out. I went back to the old ones.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I"m with Chuck, didn't like them, pedal wasn't as firm when I got done. Though I left them on and still pump the Brake Fluid thru with the Motive.