Splitters and Diffusers... FLAT or SATIN black?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK all you SRT guys and gals. I'm starting to design some goodies for my Gen 2 and am wondering what all the aero effects from the factory are painted with. Like maybe even the new ACR.

Flat or satin black?

There's a cold Lone Star in it for you.

:tx: :beer: :tx:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My craftsmanship is no where near the quality of yours Dave. I ordered mine from Michael and went with aluminum polished just for that added stock appearance? I'm hoping it looks right. Even if not I can go to a flat black.

I'm anxious to see the progress on your as the project moves along.

Your car is red, go with flat black.

:usa:

And here's to no more dust :beer:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Satin black on my front splitter (GTS ACR), wing painted body color (red) with matching silver stripes. Looks really good with the black fog lamp covers and black wheels.

Carbon fiber would be preferred but good CF is a bit pricey.

Dan

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not body color? Going to add canards and a gt2 front splitter to my car in Saphire blue. Saw a pic of a red with the same pieces in body color and they don't disturb the lines of the body. More subtle. Looks like they were there from the start and not some ricer add on. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not body color? Going to add canards and a gt2 front splitter to my car in Saphire blue. Saw a pic of a red with the same pieces in body color and they don't disturb the lines of the body. More subtle. Looks like they were there from the start and not some ricer add on. GTS Bruce

I would love to see pics of that when you're done. But I'm thinking more of the traditional race car effect where the lower aero parts are black, regardless of body color. I don't think that's ricer, it's traditional race car.

Did you know that race car spelled backward is race car?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By starting this thread, you did not think it would turn into an intelligence test did you?:eater:

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By starting this thread, you did not think it would turn into an intelligence test did you?:eater:

Um, actually, no.

I expected it to provide a platform to rib me over other things that I've done to my car, with the occasional "on track" reply.

My expectations are being exceeded. I'm getting ribbed AND I'm getting many replies to the question I posed. :headbang:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Satin Black. Flat belongs on a rat rod.

IMG_7162.jpg

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else remember the ballad from Paladin? Have gun will travel reads the card of a man, a knight without armour in a savage land.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950