SRT 03 or 04 what is best ???

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I saw my first srt at the Geneva show on the Startech exhibit and I hated it(black with pink seats=**** car).
I saw it again in red at a Viper meeting and really liked it.
This is my problem: a dealer has offered me either a buyback 03(100miles on the clock, traded in for a Z06...) with a rebate or a 04. My choice.
The 03 has had the upgrades made.
What is your opinion? Has anything been changed on the 04 car? How much rebate is reasonable?

Thank you for your opinion and have fun,
Anders

OP
OP
A

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS: There might also be a guarantee issue. In 03 the SRT was not exported to Europe. In 04 it will be. This means the 04 will automatically have an international guarantee that could be refused for the 03. Am I right???
Thank you!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car is the same, price is the differnce along w/ the warranty issue(a much bigger issue in my mind). i would pay more for the car that has a proper warranty if it comes down to that.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 03 and the 04 are pretty close in terms of performance and content. One thing to consider with an 03 is wether the engine was one of the ones effected by the valve issue (low power output). It might be very hard to have the engine reworked in switzerland.

And as any 03 or 04 is a grey market import, i'm not sure you would even be able to get the updates you'd want for either of them until the official export models start to ship. That might be a better question for your dealer, he may have a US counterpart that can get you warranty parts to europe??

OP
OP
A

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

The export to Europe is, for the moment, limited to Germany.
All what you say is important and I have checked it to get what you advice.
I have bought an 03 with the cooling problem, see the post of Houss. I will get the needed parts changed free of charge and the valve issue will be checked. Do you know what serial numbers were involved??
Thank you for your help.
Anders