SRT-10 blown subwoofer "AGAIN"

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-10 blown subwoofer \"AGAIN\"

After a summer of fun my subwoofer was blown with only 2,500 miles. Took it to the dealer, they replaced it for no charge. Thirty days later it's blown again. Has any one else had this problem? I plan on taking it in for the two recalls and the bog fix but I am wondering if they might give me a problem for a second blown subwoofer. Please advise if others have had any problems with a blown subwoffer.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT-10 blown subwoofer \"AGAIN\"

Hi Steve,
This the first I've heard of blown speaker in the SRT?
Your Dealer should not give you a hard time about Warranting the speaker again! If they do, let me know and I would be glad to call them and explain life to them. :D

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT-10 blown subwoofer

A local down here is also having speaker problems. I'll pass the post onto him.
dave

OP
OP
S

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am sure there are better speakers out there. Does anyone know which ones will fit into the same whole. If so I would happily replace them myself, as this seems at least to me will be a continuing problem.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have worked with sound systems in trucks and cars since I was 16(now 23). Now a real big installer but could be a bad connection, power surge, or just having the bass up too high. I would look ingot spending maybe (couple hundred max) on a good aftermarket sub. It will sound better and if that blows, chances are you'll know it is something wrong with the cra itself.

OP
OP
S

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The symptons are distortion at very low volume when the bass is only truned up to less than half way. The distortion is only coming from the subwoofer between which is located between the seats. Even with Treble turned all the way and bass truned all down there is still distortin in the subwoofer.

acarr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SRT10....at least you have sound coming out of the subs. I have nothing/zero out of both speakers between seats, they quit working a couple weeks ago. Going to dealer with the other software changes, etc, hoping to get speakers fixed then.
Any ideas on what I could check? Ive checked and nothing obvious.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the same issue with the sub woofers. I had them replaced and the new ones did it right off the bat. I think that it's really the enclosure that is rattling rather than the speakers being blown...not that it's any comfort to those who have to listen to them rattling. If somebody can recommend a particular type of aftermarket sub woofer that fits the car well, please let me know. Send me a PM or post it.

Toddh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone have an issue with sound randomly cracking or cutting out at volume over "30" (as indicated on the LED face of the stereo), especially when listening to a CD? The speakers seem fine. It's almost like there's a short in the CD connection somewhere. The radio is fine at the same volume.