SRT-10 Exhaust Uncovered

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below are a few photos of the stock side exhaust with the body panel removed. The last photo will show the exhaust cross over.

You must be registered for see images

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, is the exhaust directly under the gear and if yes, how much space between the exhaust and the rear gear? Is there any insulation between the pipes and the gear?

Thanks for the photos,

Eric

qburge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you said Borla was whipping up a new exhaust system
for you but is it going to be laid out the same as the stock
exhaust or is it going to exit at the rear of the car? And in
your photos what is that little cylindrical device ahead of the
muffler, a catalytic converter? Also I heard Southern California
is being deluged with rain right now so you might also check into
some pop out floats!

QB

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a pre-cat and a cat before the muffler. TNT Motorsports has engineered both in their long tube headers. Therefore all the o2 sensors are in place as original. The pre-cat is still there and then a high flow cat then a special high flow muffler then it just comes right out the side with out the cross over. This will allow for the most HP gain and still should be a clean sound. The firing order has changed in the new engine and I am sure everyone will like the sound.

Dean

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric

I'm not sure. The car is in a different location than I am. I will try and remember to look when I return for the first phase of testing. I'm hoping that will be any day.

Quenton

They are making a few different design prototypes for testing to see what will produce the most hp and the best sound. They are also very interested in the final looks of the system. I'll let you know when I have an update.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME pictures! It is still pretty strange to see the exhaust pipes disappear towards the back and another pipe show up on top with the exit. I think it might be interesting to eliminate the crossover entirely (and shorten the exhaust travel by four feet) and run the pipes straight out the sides. The inherent problem I can see with that is the return to the "UPS truck" sound so many complain about, as you will only have five cylinders coming out of each side. The "H" pipe does a lot to cure that by combining the two sides, however you have to bring the pipes together somewhere to achieve that. It will be very interesting to see your results!

Thanks again for the pictures and keeping us updated.

Chris

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The firing order has changed in the new engine and I am sure everyone will like the sound."

Are you sure the firing order is different. My info shows 1-10-9-4-3-6-5-8-7-2 which is the same as today I believe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang